Pointer in an image displayed by mathematica

In summary, the speaker is looking for a way to use a pointer to select a specific pixel in an image displayed by Mathematica and have the software provide the coordinates of that pixel. They are currently using the command "ims = Table[showSlice[data, i, AspectRatio -> Automatic, ImageSize -> 100, DisplayFunction -> Identity], {i, 1, 5, 1}];" to display the image and are seeking assistance with their goal.
Haitham
I would like to use the pointer in an image displayed by mathematica and have the software tell me the corrdinates of that pixel in the image.

I am diaplying the image using the following command:

ims = Table[showSlice[data, i, AspectRatio -> Automatic,
ImageSize -> 100, DisplayFunction -> Identity], {i, 1, 5, 1}];

Show[GraphicsArray[{ims}], ImageSize -> 600

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think my question made complete sense. It certainley needed better clarity. What I am trying to achieve is to pick some region or pixel in a mathematica displayed image and have mathematica tell the coordinates of that image.

Thanks!

Sure, I can definitely help you with that! In order to use the pointer in an image displayed by Mathematica, you can use the "Locator" function. This will allow you to click on a specific point in the image and have the software tell you the coordinates of that pixel.

Here is an example code:

ims = Table[showSlice[data, i, AspectRatio -> Automatic, ImageSize -> 100, DisplayFunction -> Identity], {i, 1, 5, 1}];

Show[GraphicsArray[{ims}], ImageSize -> 600];

LocatorPane[Dynamic[pt], showSlice[data, 1, AspectRatio -> Automatic, ImageSize -> 100], Appearance -> Graphics[{Red, PointSize[Large], Point[{0, 0}]}]];

Dynamic[pt]

This code will display the image and when you click on a point, the coordinates of that point will be displayed as an output. You can then use these coordinates for further analysis or manipulation of the image. I hope this helps!

Related to Pointer in an image displayed by mathematica

1. What is a pointer in an image?

A pointer in an image refers to an arrow or other graphical element that is used to indicate a specific location or object within the image. It is often used for annotation or highlighting purposes.

2. How is a pointer created in an image displayed by Mathematica?

In Mathematica, a pointer can be created using the Locator or Point functions. These allow the user to click and drag the pointer to the desired location within the image.

3. Can pointers be customized in Mathematica?

Yes, pointers in Mathematica can be customized in terms of size, color, and shape. This can be done by specifying different options within the Locator or Point functions.

4. How can I delete a pointer in an image displayed by Mathematica?

To delete a pointer in Mathematica, you can use the Delete function and specify the specific pointer to be deleted. Alternatively, you can use the DeleteObject function and specify the pointer as the argument.

5. Is it possible to have multiple pointers in an image displayed by Mathematica?

Yes, multiple pointers can be created in an image displayed by Mathematica. This can be done by using the LocatorPane function, which allows for easy placement and manipulation of multiple pointers within an image.