Posting Complex Equations: Tips & Tricks

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter PhysicsMark
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Complex Tips
In summary, the individual is having trouble posting a very large and complex equation on the forum. They have finished writing it in Latex and usually use shortcut keys, but this time they wrote out the entire equation. They are looking for help on formatting the equation, specifically using \sin instead of sin and mentioning that clicking on a Latex equation will show the code used to make it.
PhysicsMark
Hello. I have a very large, very complex equation to post here at the forums. I just finished writing it in Latex but I am having problems posting it. In the past I have always used the short cut keys, but this time a wrote out the whole thing.

Here is one part in Latex:
[tex]A= (cos(2ka)-(i\epsilon/2)sin(2ka))e^{2ia\lambda}F+(i\eta/2)sin(2ka)G[/tex]

Does anyone know how to make that look like I want it to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Like that...

use \sin for sin ?

Yes.
[tex]\sin \theta[/tex]​
Also, you can click on any Latex equation to view the code used to make it.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out about posting complex equations. I understand the importance of accurately representing equations in a clear and precise manner.

One tip for posting equations is to use a mathematical typesetting software, such as LaTeX, which you have already mentioned using. This will ensure that the equation is properly formatted and easy to read for others.

In regards to your specific equation, it is important to check for any errors in the syntax or formatting of the equation in LaTeX. Additionally, you can use parentheses or brackets to group certain parts of the equation together and make it easier to read.

If you continue to have trouble, I suggest reaching out to forums or communities specifically dedicated to LaTeX or mathematical equations. They may have more specific tips and tricks for formatting and posting complex equations.

I hope this information helps and good luck with posting your equation!

Related to Posting Complex Equations: Tips & Tricks

1. How can I properly format complex equations for posting online?

There are a few tips and tricks you can use to ensure that your complex equations are properly formatted when posting them online. First, use a typesetting software such as LaTeX or MathType to create your equations. These programs have built-in functions for formatting equations in a visually appealing way. Next, consider using image formats like PNG or JPG instead of text-based formats like PDF. This will ensure that your equations remain intact when posted on different platforms. Finally, always double-check your equations for any errors before posting them.

2. Can I use special characters and symbols in my equations when posting online?

Yes, you can use special characters and symbols in your equations when posting them online. However, it is important to use the correct symbols and characters to ensure the accuracy and readability of your equations. For example, use the "x" symbol for multiplication, instead of the asterisk (*), and use the correct Greek letters for variables and constants.

3. How can I make my equations accessible to all readers?

To make your equations accessible to all readers, it is important to provide alternative text descriptions for any images or symbols used in your equations. This will allow readers who use screen readers or have visual impairments to understand the content of your equations. Additionally, consider providing a written explanation or summary of your equations for readers who may not have a strong background in mathematics.

4. Can I include equations in my social media posts?

Yes, you can include equations in your social media posts. However, as social media platforms may have limitations on formatting and special characters, it is best to use simple equations that can be easily typed out. You can also use images or screenshots of your equations for better accuracy and readability.

5. How can I ensure that my equations are properly displayed on different devices?

To ensure that your equations are properly displayed on different devices, it is important to use responsive design techniques. This means using a flexible layout and font sizes that can adjust to different screen sizes. Additionally, using image formats instead of text-based formats can also help avoid any formatting issues on different devices.