Power and pressure of radiation. Is my answer correct?

In summary, the power of radiation is the rate at which energy is emitted from a source, while pressure of radiation is the force exerted by the radiation on a surface. They are related by the equation: pressure = power/area. Radiation power is typically measured in watts (W). Both power and pressure of radiation decrease as distance from the source increases. The factors that affect the power and pressure of radiation include the type of radiation, distance from the source, and properties of the material it passes through. Other factors such as duration of exposure and angle of incidence can also play a role. It is important to verify information from reliable sources and consult with experts in the field to determine if a given answer is correct.
loki4000

Homework Statement

5xvkv8.jpg

Homework Equations

E=100 kV/m E=cB
B = E/c B=(100000/2.998*10^8) B=0.0003335557
m = 10g = 0.01kg A=0.5mm^2 = 5*10^-7 m^2

I = (EB)/(4п*10^-7) = (100000)(0.0003335557) / (4п*10^-7)
I = 26543519.23

The Attempt at a Solution

a) Pressure = I/c = (26543519.23 )/(2.998*10^8)
Pressure = 0.08853742237 N/m^2
b)
Power = IA
a = Power/cm = IA/cm
a = (26543519.23 )(5*10^-7) / (2.998*10^8)(0.01)
a = 0.00000442687

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello?

FAQ: Power and pressure of radiation. Is my answer correct?

1. What is the difference between power and pressure of radiation?

The power of radiation refers to the rate at which energy is emitted from a source, while pressure of radiation refers to the force exerted by the radiation on a surface. They are related by the equation: pressure = power/area.

2. How is radiation power measured?

Radiation power is typically measured in watts (W), which is a unit of energy per unit of time. This can be measured using specialized instruments such as radiation detectors.

3. Does the power and pressure of radiation vary with distance?

Yes, both power and pressure of radiation decrease as distance from the source increases. This is due to the spreading out of the radiation over a larger area.

4. What are the factors that affect the power and pressure of radiation?

The power and pressure of radiation can be affected by the type of radiation, the distance from the source, and the properties of the material the radiation is passing through (e.g. absorption, scattering). Other factors such as the duration of exposure and the angle of incidence can also play a role.

5. Is my answer correct?

Without knowing the specific answer you provided, it is difficult to determine if it is correct. However, the information provided in response to the previous questions is accurate and commonly accepted by scientists in the field of radiation. It is always important to verify information from reliable sources and consult with experts in the field.