Preparations for a future Job [First post]

• Thread starter Th30r3t1c4l
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Future Job
In summary, the person is a 14 year old interested in becoming a Theoretical Physicist or a Physicist for NASA and is seeking guidance on what courses to take in high school and college, what colleges to attend, what degrees to obtain, and how to prepare for the job. They are asking for personal messages due to time constraints. The advice given is to focus on high school courses in math and science, with an emphasis on AP or IB classes and maintaining good grades. They are also advised to find a mentor who can provide guidance and connections.
Th30r3t1c4l
Hello there people of the Physics Forum realm,

My name is [Content secured]. I will tell you, however, that I am 14 years old and am looking into the future. Since sixth grade I dreamed of becoming a Theoretical Physicist or a Physicist for NASA. I'm seeking guidance for help on what to take and what not to take in high school and college, what colleges to go to, what degrees to get, and how to all around prepare for the job. I'd really appreciate it if you personal messaged me because I probably won't have time to look at this forum's messages directly.

Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
You should probably get through high school before asking about college. Generally you want to take as many math and science courses as you can in high school - AP or IB if your school offers them. Good grades are pretty important.

Ahhh! Trying to get a head start, eh? Trying to develop a career, eh? 14 isn't too young to start. So here's a to do list.

1) Learn all of high school, trigonometry, calculus, chemistry, and physics. That might take a few years. When I say learn, I mean do every problem and the end of each chapter at least 4 times.

2) Find a mentor. Some one who will delight in seeing you succeed and can provide some guidance and connections.

FAQ: Preparations for a future Job [First post]

1. What kind of preparations should I make for a future job?

There are several key preparations you can make for a future job, including gaining relevant education and skills, networking and building professional relationships, researching potential career paths and industries, and gaining practical experience through internships or part-time jobs.

2. How can I improve my resume for future job applications?

To improve your resume for future job applications, make sure to highlight your relevant skills and experiences, tailor it to the specific job or industry you are applying for, and proofread for any errors or typos. You can also seek advice from career counselors or professionals in your desired field.

3. Is it important to have a strong online presence for future job opportunities?

Yes, having a strong online presence can greatly benefit your future job opportunities. This can include having a professional LinkedIn profile, maintaining a personal website or blog, and actively engaging with industry professionals on social media. Employers often use online platforms to research and evaluate potential candidates, so having a strong online presence can make you stand out.

4. How can I prepare for job interviews?

To prepare for job interviews, research the company and position, practice common interview questions, and dress professionally. It can also be helpful to have a few examples of your past experiences and achievements ready to share with the interviewer. Additionally, make sure to arrive early and exude confidence and enthusiasm during the interview.

5. Should I consider further education or training for my future job?

It depends on the specific job and industry you are interested in. Some jobs may require specific degrees or certifications, while others may value practical experience more. It is important to research the requirements and preferences of your desired job and industry, and then make an informed decision about whether further education or training would be beneficial for your career goals.