Pressure -- non-compressed gas through an orifice

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of 1/4" diameter tubing leading to a solenoid valve with a 2.5 mm orifice to move 1 and 2 CFM of 190C air through the valve. The person is unsure if their blowers can generate enough pressure and asks about using a back-of-envelope calculation or a choke flow calculation. They also mention using an online calculator, but the available one only goes up to 99°C. They inquire about other online calculators.
spencermauro
I have 1/4" diameter tubing (tightest point prior to valve) leading to a solenoid valve with a 2.5 mm orifice. I am trying to compute how much pressure it would take to move 1 and 2 CFM of 190C air through the valve (to atmosphere). I am using blowers and I don't know if they will be able to generate enough pressure..

Engineering news on Phys.org
The calculator only goes up to 99°C and I am running 190°C. Any other online calculators?
Thank you for replying

Related to Pressure -- non-compressed gas through an orifice

1. What is pressure?

Pressure is the force exerted per unit area on an object. It is typically measured in units of pascals (Pa) or pounds per square inch (psi).

2. How is pressure related to non-compressed gas?

In a non-compressed gas, pressure is directly proportional to temperature and volume. This means that as temperature and volume increase, pressure also increases.

3. What is an orifice?

An orifice is a small opening or hole in a surface, such as a pipe or plate. In the context of pressure, it refers to the opening that a gas flows through.

4. How does pressure change when gas flows through an orifice?

As gas flows through an orifice, the pressure decreases. This is because the gas is expanding to fill the larger volume outside of the orifice, resulting in a decrease in pressure.

5. What is the purpose of studying pressure through an orifice?

Studying pressure through an orifice is important in various industries, such as gas and oil, to accurately measure and control the flow of gases. It is also relevant in understanding the behavior of gases in different systems and processes.