Pressure on table from aquarium

In summary, the conversation is about finding the force component given the dimensions of an aquarium and the formula for pressure. However, in order to calculate the force, additional information such as the mass of the aquarium is needed. The speaker also mentions that they have already found the answer.
Kako
Homework Statement
What is the pressure exerted on the table if the aquarium sits on its side with dimensions 3.0m * 1.0m? What is even a in f = p*a how do I get that? also
Relevant Equations
P = F*A
V = l*w*h
A = l*w
F = p*a
Im so confused rn

Physics news on Phys.org
3 meters by 1 meter? That's a pretty big aquarium. So are these the only dimensions given? Is there more information in the problem, which could help... a picture perhaps?

What information do they give you to find the Force component?

Kako said:
What is even a in f = p*a how do I get that?

Pressure = Force/Area. In short form, P=F/A
Area is simply 3*1 = 3 sq. meters.

But to get force you will need to give the mass of the aquarium which is not mentioned in your question...

Kako said:
What is the pressure exerted on the table if the aquarium sits on its side with dimensions 3.0m * 1.0m? What is even a in f = p*a how do I get that?

[...]
Im so confused rn
You have to show some effort in order to qualify for help.

Is this the entire problem statement? It reads as though it is part of a multi-part problem. Additional details about the aquarium would have been given in the previous parts.

Likes scottdave
Hi I got the answer thanks

Related to Pressure on table from aquarium

What is pressure on a table from an aquarium?

Pressure on a table from an aquarium refers to the amount of force exerted by the weight of the water in the aquarium on the surface of the table that it is resting on.

How is pressure on a table affected by the size of the aquarium?

The pressure on a table from an aquarium is directly proportional to the size of the aquarium. This means that the larger the aquarium, the greater the amount of pressure it exerts on the table.

What factors contribute to the pressure on a table from an aquarium?

The pressure on a table from an aquarium is influenced by several factors including the volume of water in the aquarium, the depth of the water, and the density of the water.

Does the type of material the table is made of affect the pressure from an aquarium?

Yes, the type of material the table is made of can impact the pressure from an aquarium. A stronger and sturdier table will be able to withstand higher pressures without being damaged.

How can I calculate the pressure on a table from an aquarium?

The pressure on a table from an aquarium can be calculated using the formula P = ρgh, where P is the pressure in Pascals, ρ is the density of water in kilograms per cubic meter, g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s²), and h is the height of the water in meters.