Principia Matematica: Easier Edition with Scientist Commentary

• Thread starter xander1984
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a book that is considered difficult to read, with a suggestion to find an edition with comments written by a scientist to make it easier to understand. There is also a recommendation to attend a university where the book is read and discussed in class with the help of professors.
xander1984
I want to read this book(in English) but I was told that this book is very hard to read.
I was wondering if there's an edition of this book with comments written by a scientist to make it easier to understand.

Physics news on Phys.org
take a look at it. just do not expect to understand everything. be happy if you understand anything. hunt around until you find something you understand. even if you understand nothing, it will rattle around in your brain and someday it will burst open and enlighten you. go for it. then you will be giving, not asking for, advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
you might consider going to st johns university where i believe they read this book and other classics, in class, with assistance from professors.

I can understand your concern about finding a more accessible version of Principia Matematica. While this book is undoubtedly a challenging read, it is also a foundational work in the field of mathematics and has greatly influenced scientific thought throughout history.

Fortunately, there are several editions of Principia Matematica that include commentary from scientists and mathematicians to help guide readers through the complex concepts presented in the book. These commentaries provide valuable insights and explanations that can make the material more approachable and easier to understand.

I would highly recommend seeking out one of these editions, as they can greatly enhance your reading experience and help you gain a deeper understanding of the groundbreaking ideas presented in Principia Matematica. With the help of commentary from experts in the field, you will be able to appreciate the significance of this work and its impact on the development of modern science.

I encourage you to continue your pursuit of understanding and to not be deterred by the perceived difficulty of this book. With the right resources and guidance, you can delve into the world of Principia Matematica and appreciate its profound contributions to the scientific community.

FAQ: Principia Matematica: Easier Edition with Scientist Commentary

What is the purpose of "Principia Matematica: Easier Edition with Scientist Commentary"?

The purpose of this book is to provide a simplified and more accessible version of Isaac Newton's famous work, "Principia Mathematica". It is accompanied by commentary from a scientist, making it easier for readers to understand and apply the concepts presented in the original work.

Who is the target audience for this book?

This book is intended for anyone with an interest in mathematics and science. It can be especially useful for students and researchers who may find the original "Principia Mathematica" to be too complex or difficult to understand.

What makes this edition of "Principia Mathematica" different from the original?

This edition includes commentary from a scientist, providing additional explanations and insights into the concepts presented in the original work. It also uses simpler language and examples, making it easier for readers to understand.

Why is "Principia Matematica: Easier Edition with Scientist Commentary" important?

"Principia Mathematica" is considered one of the most influential works in the history of science, laying the foundation for modern physics and calculus. This easier edition with commentary allows a wider audience to access and understand the groundbreaking ideas presented in the original work.

Who is the author of "Principia Matematica: Easier Edition with Scientist Commentary"?

The author of this book is not specified, as it is a collaborative effort between the original work of Isaac Newton and the commentary provided by a scientist. The commentary may vary depending on the edition and publisher of the book.