Printing MATLAB Work Screen - Learn How to Capture Screen

In summary, to print the complete work screen of Matlab, you can use the "print" button on your keyboard and then paste the screenshot in a program like Paint. However, if your Matlab is running on a different operating system or in full screen, this method may not work. Thank you to those who offered solutions and the user was able to find the "PrtSc" button on their keyboard to successfully capture the screen.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I want to print the complete work screen of Matlab, I mean, with the control bars and the workfield. You can see this kind of printing in manuals and so. It is like capturing the screen (including the window upper bar) and printing.

But anybody here knows how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hit the "print" button on your keyboard, go to paint and press Ctrl-V.

EDIT: For clearification: That´s how you do a screenshot in Windows. If your Matlab runs in fullscreen or on another OS that probably won´t help you.

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you.

I have a new portable computer, and I wasn't seeing the print key well, because there is no drawing on it. In fact, it can be read "PrtSc" on it. After trying all the keys I have had success. Thanks :smile: .

Related to Printing MATLAB Work Screen - Learn How to Capture Screen

1. How do I print my MATLAB work screen?

To print your MATLAB work screen, you can use the "Print" option under the "File" menu. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut "Ctrl+P" on Windows or "Cmd+P" on Mac. This will open the print dialog box where you can select your printer and adjust the print settings.

2. Can I customize the print settings for my MATLAB work screen?

Yes, you can customize the print settings for your MATLAB work screen by clicking on the "Print" button in the print dialog box. This will give you options to adjust the page layout, print quality, and other settings to fit your preferences.

3. How can I capture a specific portion of my MATLAB work screen?

You can use the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard to capture the entire MATLAB work screen. If you want to capture a specific portion, you can use the "Alt+Print Screen" shortcut on Windows or "Cmd+Shift+4" on Mac to select the area you want to capture.

4. Is it possible to save my MATLAB work screen as an image file?

Yes, you can save your MATLAB work screen as an image file by selecting the "Save as Image" option under the "File" menu. This will allow you to save your work screen as a PNG, JPEG, or TIFF file.

5. Can I print my MATLAB work screen with code and output included?

Yes, you can print your MATLAB work screen with code and output included by selecting the "Print Code and Output" option in the print dialog box. This will print your work screen with the code and output shown in separate sections.