Private Study Groups: How to Utilize this Website for Collaborative Learning?

• Thread starter P. Akpata
  • Start date
P. Akpata
Its weird,
Despite how simple this sort of thing should be, I experienced a near crippling anxiety in starting this thread. First I thought, "First impressions matter, so make it a great one.". Then I thought, "How?"

. . .

One hour, a couple news articles, a few homework problems, and three motivational videos later I settled for, "Hello". As an aspiring engineering student, I decided that "hello" would be both practical, economic, and most importantly, socially "safe". Also I hypothesized that the quotation marks might just improve its visibility . . . ever so slightly.

(Does everyone go through that process or was it just me?)

Anyways, I am a 24 year guy. I left high school for 7 years, working and such, but now I'm finally going to college. I really love astronomy; however I'm going to study Engineering (Aiming for Engineering Physics, but I have to do some time at community college first to do the prerequisite courses) so that I can actually be involved in it the way I'd like to.

I got wind of the new forum updates, via email (was a quiet member on the old site) and decided it would be a great place to meet people with similar interests and career goals (probably the standard new member assumption).

So hello there. Nice to meet you all.

Question: Is it possible to set up a 'private-ish' study group using this website and if it is how do you do it?

Note: I had to add "...Reader" to the title.
Two word titles ... the more you know.

Likes Lyle
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum!

If you ask any question you have, whether it be a problem or you just need some concept clarified, you'll get help here. If you still want the study group thing, maybe make a post in General Discussion or come in chat (open for all members on Sunday, open everyday for Gold members).

Hey there.

Thanks for the welcoming Greg and Rocket. There may just be some validity to my "quotation - views" hypothesis. That or you people are just nice. I guess its win win either way.
Also thanks for the tips Rocket. I'll be sure to follow.

P. Akpata said:
Hey there.

There may just be some validity to my "quotation - views" hypothesis. That or you people are just nice. I guess its win win either way.

I think it was the quotations.

Back