Problem with java script(?) in one of the threads

• Java
  • Thread starter Bandersnatch
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a thread on the Physics Forums website about dark matter and its behavior. The participants are experiencing error messages when trying to perform actions on the thread, and one member has contacted the moderator to open a new thread. After disabling a security program, one member is now able to reply to the thread.
Bandersnatch
Science Advisor
Have a look at this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/dark-matter-question-why-doesnt-it-coalesce-into-normal-matter.774124/

Every time I'm trying to do any sort of action in that thread, from quoting to previewing to posting a reply, as well as during the automatic draft saving, the forum returns one of the following error messages:
NmFw3jn.png

qvsRYcq.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
Confirmed, I have problems with the thread as well.

I could move a post from somewhere else into that thread, but now I cannot do anything with that post any more. I sent curiouschris a mail to open a new thread.

I would first suggest checking for any potential issues with your internet connection or browser settings. If the issue persists, it could be a problem with the coding or functionality of the website itself. I would recommend reaching out to the website administrators or developers for assistance in resolving the issue. It is also possible that there may be a bug or glitch in the website's code that is causing the error messages. Further investigation and troubleshooting may be necessary to determine the root cause of the problem.

FAQ: Problem with java script(?) in one of the threads

1. What is the most common problem with java script in one of the threads?

The most common problem with java script in one of the threads is an error or bug in the code. This can lead to the script not functioning properly or causing unexpected behaviors.

2. How can I troubleshoot a problem with java script in one of the threads?

To troubleshoot a problem with java script in one of the threads, you can try using a debugger tool to identify any errors in the code. Additionally, check for any typos or missing syntax in the script that may be causing the issue.

3. Why is my java script not working in one of the threads?

There can be several reasons why java script is not working in one of the threads. Some common causes include incorrect or incomplete code, conflicts with other scripts or plugins, and browser compatibility issues.

4. How can I prevent java script problems in my threads?

To prevent java script problems in your threads, make sure to thoroughly test your code before implementing it. Also, regularly check for updates and compatibility issues with any third-party scripts or plugins you are using.

5. Can java script errors in one of the threads affect the functionality of my entire website?

Yes, java script errors in one of the threads can potentially affect the functionality of your entire website. It is important to promptly address and fix any java script problems to ensure the smooth operation of your website.