Problems with the latest version of Matlab

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter hunt_mat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, there seems to be a potential issue with using MATLAB 2012 for certain programs that previously worked well in the 2011 version. This could be due to changes in supported functions or differences in expected inputs/outputs. The solution may involve tracking and debugging the issue or sticking with the 2011 version. The dependency report tool in the editor can be used to check for any unsupported functions in the program. The release notes for MATLAB 2012 may also provide helpful information on any changes that could affect program functionality.
hunt_mat
Homework Helper
Has anyone found that their MATLAB programs are now giving nonsensical results in te latest version of matlab? I wrote a program which worked very well in the 2011 version of MATLAB but now in the 2012 version of MATLAB it still sort of runs but nor yields nonsensical results. I can show examples has anyone found this?

I have tried to run the codes on Octave but it seems to take ages.

Mat

Physics news on Phys.org
I have not had this problem, personally, but I've only just begun using 2012 in the last month.

It is possible that one of the standard MATLAB funciton you're using either

a) has stopped being supported, so it's no longer vetted to see if it works after changing possible dependencies and core MATLAB code.

b) has been changed in a way that the inputs and/or outputs are expected differently.

You're going to have to either track the bug (which sometimes ends up being a can of worms, depending on how complex your code is) or stick with 2011.

In the editor under the (tools, I think) menu, there's a "dependency report". You can use that to see all the functions your program relies on (and can do the same for each of those functions). Then you can check on support for each of those functions in 2012.

here's the release notes. You can click on each topic to expand it and see details on function/handling changes, etc.:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/release-notes.html

Related to Problems with the latest version of Matlab

1. What are the common problems encountered with the latest version of Matlab?

Some common problems reported with the latest version of Matlab include compatibility issues with certain operating systems, errors during installation or update, and crashes or freezes while using certain functions or toolboxes.

2. How can I resolve installation errors with the latest version of Matlab?

If you encounter errors during installation of the latest version of Matlab, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements and that you have a stable internet connection. You can also try reinstalling the software or contacting Matlab's technical support for assistance.

3. Why does Matlab keep crashing or freezing?

There could be several reasons for Matlab crashing or freezing, including insufficient system resources, conflicts with other programs, or bugs in the software. Try closing any unnecessary programs and updating to the latest version of Matlab to see if it resolves the issue.

4. Is the latest version of Matlab compatible with my operating system?

The latest version of Matlab may not be compatible with all operating systems. Make sure to check the system requirements before installing or updating the software. If your operating system is not supported, you may need to upgrade to a newer version or use an older version of Matlab.

5. How can I report a bug or issue with the latest version of Matlab?

If you encounter a bug or issue with the latest version of Matlab, you can report it to the MathWorks technical support team. They will work to resolve the issue and may release a patch or update to fix the problem.