Program or website for graphing

In summary, a program or website for graphing is a tool that allows users to visually display data and information in the form of graphs, charts, and other visual representations. These programs or websites often have a variety of features and options for creating and customizing graphs, such as different types of graphs, labeling and color options, and the ability to input and manipulate data. They are commonly used in fields such as business, science, and education to help analyze and present data in a clear and concise manner. Some popular examples of graphing programs or websites include Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and Plotly.
Ginepri
I'm in grade 11 pre-calc right now and my teacher gave us an assignment over the long weekend where we need to draw a person using the different kinds of graphs we learned (ie. hyperbolas, parabolas, circles, ellipses, lines etc.) I have a sketch of what I want on a piece of paper and I've written down all the equations of each line.

My Question Is: Is there a program or website that will allow me to enter all the equations and then plot all the lines together so I can see if it looks like what it's supposed to look like?

Physics news on Phys.org
statdad said:
Maybe try
https://www.desmos.com/calculator
(I don't know how complicated your equations are)
Thanks! I'll give it a try. Is there ways to add inequalities. For example if I am drawing a line but I want it to stop at a certain point, I can say like x < 15

WolframAlpha is interesting, too.
Limits: "plot x^2, x from 2 to 4"

There is a "hack" if you cannot directly draw inequalities: sqrt(x-a)/sqrt(x-a) is not well-defined (for most plotting programs) for x<=a and 1 for x>a. It is possible to include an upper limit in a similar way.

Yes you can. You can look at the help area of the site: is the screenshot (attached) the type of thing you were interested in?

Attachments

• inequalities in desmos.jpg
    inequalities in desmos.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 426

Related to Program or website for graphing

1. What is a program or website for graphing?

A program or website for graphing is a tool that allows users to create visual representations of data, such as line graphs, bar graphs, pie charts, and scatter plots. These tools are often used in scientific research, data analysis, and business presentations.

2. What are the benefits of using a program or website for graphing?

Using a program or website for graphing can help users to easily identify patterns and relationships in their data, make comparisons between different sets of data, and communicate their findings in a visually appealing and easy-to-understand way.

3. What are some popular programs or websites for graphing?

Some popular programs for graphing include Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and Tableau. Popular websites for graphing include Plotly, Infogram, and Canva.

4. Are there any free programs or websites for graphing?

Yes, there are many free programs and websites for graphing available online. Some popular free options include Google Sheets, Plotly, and Canva. These tools often have paid versions with more advanced features, but their free versions still offer a variety of graphing options.

5. Can I customize the appearance of my graphs on a program or website for graphing?

Yes, most programs and websites for graphing offer a range of customization options such as changing the colors, fonts, and styles of your graphs. Some tools also allow users to add annotations, titles, and legends to their graphs.

Back