Program used to generate schematics?

In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of schematics for a DAQ system and the software that can be used to make them. The participants mention various options such as the fig environment in LaTeX, xfig, via, and Eagle. One person also suggests that the image resembles AutoCAD.
gomerpyle
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8638/schematics.jpg

Could someone tell me what software was used to make these? I need to create similar schematics of a DAQ system but don't know the name of the program used to do it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I doubt there is any way to tell - it is very generic.
I could probably draw something close to those using the fig environment in LaTeX even.
There are a lot of schematic and chart-building editors out there from xfig to via and beyond. Pick one.

Eagle might work.

Edit: the image kind of looks like AutoCAD to me.

Related to Program used to generate schematics?

1. What is a schematic program?

A schematic program is a software tool used to create electronic schematics, which are graphical representations of electronic circuits. It allows users to draw and label components, connect them with wires, and create a visual representation of how the circuit works.

2. What are the benefits of using a schematic program?

Using a schematic program can save time and effort when designing electronic circuits. It allows for easy editing and modification of circuits, ensures accuracy and consistency, and provides a clear visual representation of the circuit for troubleshooting and documentation purposes.

3. What types of schematics can be generated with a schematic program?

A schematic program can generate various types of schematics, such as electronic, electrical, and mechanical schematics. It can also create block diagrams, flowcharts, and other types of technical diagrams.

4. What are some popular schematic programs?

Some popular schematic programs include Altium Designer, Eagle PCB Design Software, KiCad, OrCAD, and Fritzing. These programs offer different features and functionalities, so it is important to choose one that suits your specific needs.

5. Is it necessary to have prior knowledge of electronics to use a schematic program?

While having some knowledge of electronics can be helpful, it is not necessary to use a schematic program. Most programs have user-friendly interfaces and provide tutorials and guides to help beginners create schematics. However, having a basic understanding of electronic components and circuit design principles can make the process easier.