Projections Check: Find Real Size of Sphere Beam

In summary, the problem involves finding the real size of a beam of a sphere with center Q and points A and B on its surface. After finding the point q', the radius of the sphere can be determined. A horizontal projection is made on V and a new shaft X1 O1 is built. Points a'b' and a'q' are designed and connected with a green line. A new axle O2 x2 is then created parallel to the green line. The projections of points A and B form a triangle that demonstrates the equal ribs of the sphere. Finally, a circle can be drawn from points A and B, with QA and QB as the radius, to represent the sphere. This solution was used in a school test,
DarkART

Homework Statement

Are given points A (a ', a) and point B (b', b) and horizontal projection of point Q (q)
REQUIRED
real size of the beam of sphere with center Q and A and B are points on its surface.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

This is a problem i solved at a test at school!
But I am 90% that is corect ?I need a check for this ?Pls

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 395
  • solved.jpg
    solved.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 436
Physics news on Phys.org
Some expalanation...

1.after I find the point q 'I do so to find the radius of the sphere
J 2.build the plan J (orange) that's si parallel with Ox in Horizontal ... plan J cross from b and expects the line ab at point 1
3.finde its projection on V. .. point 1 '.
4.build a new shaft X1 O1 (red line) perpendicular to the plain J
5.build design points a'b 'a' q '...
6.result is an interconnect (a line with all the points)(green line)
crate a new axle O2 x2 ...thats parallel with the greend line
8.build the projections of points ... and the triangle formed is in its rala size ... 2 equal rib demonstrating that the points A and B on the surface
9.from the Q build the circle flowing from b and a. ..
10. QA QB are the radius of the circle ... the sphereso what do u think ?? is this correct?

Related to Projections Check: Find Real Size of Sphere Beam

1. What is a "Projections Check"?

A "Projections Check" is a method used by scientists to accurately determine the real size of a spherical beam of light or energy. This is important in various fields such as astronomy, physics, and engineering.

2. How do you perform a "Projections Check"?

To perform a "Projections Check", you need to measure the diameter of the beam at a known distance from the source, and then use the inverse square law to calculate the real size of the beam. This involves taking the measurement at different distances and plotting them on a graph to find the point where the beam diameter equals the real size.

3. Why is it important to find the real size of a spherical beam?

Knowing the real size of a spherical beam is crucial in understanding its properties and behavior. It helps in accurately predicting the spread of the beam and its interaction with other objects or materials. It also provides valuable information about the source of the beam and its characteristics.

4. What are the applications of "Projections Check"?

The applications of "Projections Check" are numerous, especially in fields that deal with beams of light or energy. It is used in astronomy to study the size of stars and galaxies, in physics to analyze the properties of laser beams, and in engineering to design and optimize lighting systems, among others.

5. Are there any limitations to using "Projections Check"?

Yes, there are some limitations to using "Projections Check". It assumes that the beam is perfectly spherical and that there is no interference or scattering from the surrounding environment. It also requires precise and accurate measurements, which can be challenging to obtain in certain situations. Additionally, it may not be suitable for non-spherical beams or beams with irregular shapes.

Back