Proving GP Sum and Expanding Binomial Formula: 2n, 2x - 3y

• Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around various mathematical problems. The first problem involved finding the sum of 10 terms in a Geometric Progression (GP) with a starting term of 1/2 and a common ratio of -1. The second problem was to use mathematical induction to prove the formula 2 + 4 + 6 +...+ 2n = n(n+1). The third problem was to expand (2x - 3y)^4 using the binomial formula. The person also mentioned that they were unable to type their work in the text entry box and had attached it separately. The conversation also included some corrections and guidance on how to properly solve the problems.
r-soy
3 – If r = -1 and frist term is 1/2 find the sum of the 10 terms of a Gp

4 - Use mathematical induction to prove that 2 + 4 + 6 ……..+ 2n = n(n+1)

5 – Expand ( 2x – 3y)^4 by using binomial formula

Notice :
D. Mark i can't type my work into the text entry box. i put it in attachment I'm very sorry

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 461
Physics news on Phys.org
3. S10 isn't 1/11. a1 = ? r = ? n = ? Substitute these values into your formula.
4. That's not how you do a proof by induction.
Show that the statement is true for some base case such as n = 1. (What does the formula look like if n = 1? Is it true for that case?)
Assume that the statement is true for n = k. (What does the formula look like for that case?)
Use your assumption in the previous step to show that the statement is true for n = k + 1.

5. You're sort of on the right track here, but you mixed up 2x by using 3x.

FAQ: Proving GP Sum and Expanding Binomial Formula: 2n, 2x - 3y

1. How do I check my answer?

To check your answer, you can use a variety of methods depending on the type of question. For math or science problems, you can plug in your answer and see if it works. For multiple choice questions, you can cross-check your answer with the given options. For written responses, you can review your answer and compare it to the correct answer.

2. What should I do if my answer is incorrect?

If your answer is incorrect, don't panic. Take a deep breath and try again. Double-check your work and make sure you didn't make any simple mistakes. If you're still unsure, ask for help from a teacher or tutor. It's important to learn from your mistakes and use them to improve your understanding.

3. Can I use online resources to check my answer?

Yes, there are many online resources available to help you check your answer. From math and science calculators to answer-checking websites, you can use these tools to verify your answer. However, it's important to use these resources as a learning aid and not rely on them too heavily.

4. How can I make sure my answer is correct?

To ensure your answer is correct, it's important to follow the steps or guidelines given in the question. Make sure you understand the concepts and formulas needed to solve the problem. Double-check your work and make sure all of your calculations are accurate. If you're still unsure, ask for feedback from a teacher or peer.

5. Is it okay to check my answer after completing a test or assignment?

While it's always better to check your answer as you go, it's still beneficial to check your answer after completing a test or assignment. This can help you identify any mistakes you may have made and learn from them. However, it's important to not solely rely on checking your answer as a way to study or learn the material.

Back