Pspice power system on an aircraft

In summary: He wants a more dynamic approach to modeling them and has tried using thevenin equivalents and resistive elements, but it is time-consuming and only works for one voltage. He has found a proprietary library that can do this, but it is expensive. He is considering modeling it as a voltage-controlled current source, but is concerned about how it will affect the rest of the circuit. There is a function called .PARAM that allows for parameterizing elements, which could be used to calculate the resistance based on the voltage. It seems like a VCCS would be a good option, but Warren needs further clarification on why
giritrobbins
I am working on modeling a power system on an aircraft right now, the problem is that I have loads that are constant power drawing no matter the voltage. They will draw 5kilowatts no matter 28 volts or 22 volts. My problem is modeling them. I can model them at one particular voltage but I want a more dynamic approach to this. I was to be able to put in a resistive element, or black box that draws a certain power no matter the voltage.

I have currently modeled it as resistive using the thevenin equivalents of each of the loads but this only works for one voltage and takes a bunch of time to recalculate for the loads. The relevant equations are v=ir and p=vi.

I found something that does this an element online, cpwr but it is in a proprietary library that costs quite a bit. I thought about modeling it as a voltage controlled current source but this affects the rest of the circuit because it is an excitation.

Thank you in advance and I will continue looking.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is a function called .PARAM which allows you to put the values of particular elements. So your resistance is 5KW div by 28V or 22V. I am assuming you know before hand what your voltage is and hence you just have to change it in one place to 22V or 28V. Pspice will then calc the resistance for you.

Seems like a VCCS is what you want. You can parameterize it with a slope that will give you constant power. Can you explain more why you can't use it? What does it mean to be an "excitation?"

- Warren

FAQ: Pspice power system on an aircraft

1. What is Pspice power system on an aircraft?

Pspice power system on an aircraft is a simulation software used to design and analyze the electrical power system of an aircraft. It helps in predicting and optimizing the performance of the power system, ensuring safety and reliability.

2. How does Pspice power system work on an aircraft?

Pspice power system uses circuit analysis techniques to simulate the behavior of the electrical components in the aircraft's power system. It takes into account factors such as voltage, current, temperature, and frequency to accurately model the system's performance.

3. What are the benefits of using Pspice power system on an aircraft?

Some of the benefits of using Pspice power system on an aircraft include accurate prediction of power system behavior, faster and more efficient design process, identification of potential issues and their solutions, and reduced development costs.

4. Is Pspice power system suitable for all types of aircraft?

Yes, Pspice power system can be used for all types of aircraft, including commercial airliners, military aircraft, and UAVs. It can also be adapted for use in other industries such as automotive and renewable energy.

5. Can Pspice power system be integrated with other aircraft design software?

Yes, Pspice power system can be integrated with other aircraft design software, allowing for a more comprehensive and efficient design process. It can also be integrated with physical prototypes for testing and validation purposes.