Public Opinion on Russell's Paradox & Beyond 10 Dimensions

• Thread starter Tommy122
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paradox
In summary: You need to do a lot of mathematics before you can even begin to comprehend what multiple dimensions really are, let alone determine where an "11th dimension" may be. It's not something that can be easily understood or theorized by those without a strong mathematical background.
Tommy122
What do you guys think about Russels Paradox compared to our possible 10 dimensions where do you think that 11th one is? How do you think this would relate to a trans-dimensional wormhole? Obviously I know what the answers are I'm just wondering what the public thinks.

Physics news on Phys.org
My idea is that you would have to have two infinite points (7th dimension) with a line (11th dimension) connecting those two infinite points.

1. How are you able to deal with all of this when, in another thread, you appear to not even know calculus yet? All these "dimensions" are very complex mathematical description. One can't possibly even BEGIN to know what these are without a lot of mathematics.

2. In our Guidelines, there is a very clear policy of overly speculative personal theory. You might want to make sure you re-read and understand what you have agreed to before proceeding any further. We enforce our policy.

Zz.

I'm sorry, but if you read my other post correctly I am currently learning Calculus. I am sorry for not reading that certain section, I will re-read.

Tommy122 said:
My idea is that you would have to have two infinite points (7th dimension) with a line (11th dimension) connecting those two infinite points.

I think you are wrong on this. Russel's paradox clearly indicates, using the principal value theorem of Emmy Noether's (cousin) that it can only be an even-valued prime number over 5. :bugeye:

(just adding to the gibberish...)

Seriously, now. ZapperZ is right.

FAQ: Public Opinion on Russell's Paradox & Beyond 10 Dimensions

1. What is Russell's Paradox and how does it relate to public opinion?

Russell's Paradox is a mathematical paradox that was discovered by philosopher and mathematician Bertrand Russell in 1901. It states that the set of all sets that do not contain themselves leads to a contradiction. This paradox has sparked discussions and debates among mathematicians, philosophers, and the general public about the nature of sets and logical consistency. In this way, it has become a topic of interest and discussion in public opinion.

2. How does the concept of 10 dimensions play a role in public opinion?

The idea of 10 dimensions goes beyond our everyday understanding of three-dimensional space. It is a concept that has been explored in theoretical physics and has gained attention from the general public through popular media, such as movies and books. The concept of 10 dimensions has sparked curiosity and discussions about the nature of reality and the possibility of multiple dimensions beyond our own.

3. What are some common misconceptions about Russell's Paradox and 10 dimensions?

One common misconception about Russell's Paradox is that it proves that all sets are flawed and unreliable. However, this paradox only applies to specific sets and does not invalidate all mathematical sets. Similarly, a common misconception about 10 dimensions is that they have been proven to exist, when in fact, they are still a theoretical concept that has not been empirically confirmed.

4. Why is it important to consider public opinion when discussing Russell's Paradox and 10 dimensions?

Public opinion plays a significant role in shaping societal attitudes and beliefs. When discussing complex and abstract concepts like Russell's Paradox and 10 dimensions, it is important to consider how the general public may perceive and understand these ideas. Their opinions and perspectives can provide valuable insights and contribute to further discussions and debates.

5. How has public opinion on Russell's Paradox and 10 dimensions evolved over time?

Public opinion on these topics has evolved significantly over time. In the early 20th century, Russell's Paradox was a topic of debate among mathematicians and philosophers, but it had little impact on the general public. As for 10 dimensions, it was a relatively unknown concept until it gained popularity through media in the late 20th century. Today, with the advancement of technology and the accessibility of information, public opinion on both of these topics continues to evolve and diversify.