Publishing a Comment for AP Chemistry Experiment

• Thread starter PSK31
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Publishing
In summary, the speaker has recreated an experiment from a journal for a project in their AP Chemistry course. They were able to improve the results and are wondering if there is a way to submit their new information without writing a full article. They inquire about a "mini-journal" similar to Astrophysics Journal Letters for chemistry and mention wanting to know the process and information needed before contacting the journal article's authors.
PSK31
For a project in my AP Chemistry course, I recreated an experiment from a journal. I was able to obtain better results than previously documented by improving some steps. I however don't have much to actually add to the study or its conclusions. Is there a way I can submit my new information without having to do a full blown article?

Physics news on Phys.org
PSK31 said:
For a project in my AP Chemistry course, I recreated an experiment from a journal. I was able to obtain better results than previously documented by improving some steps. I however don't have much to actually add to the study or its conclusions. Is there a way I can submit my new information without having to do a full blown article?

In astrophysics, there is a "mini-journal" called Astrophysics Journal Letters that publishes relatively short (3-4 page) comments on an article.

Your best bet would probably be to contact the authors of the journal article by e-mail. If they mention your improvements in any future articles, it's customary to mention the people involved in an acknowledgments section.

Cool. Is there anything similar for chemistry?

I'm attempting to figure out most of the process and the information I'll need before contacting the authors.

Related to Publishing a Comment for AP Chemistry Experiment

1. How do I write a comment for an AP Chemistry experiment?

When writing a comment for an AP Chemistry experiment, it is important to include a brief summary of the experiment, your observations and results, and any conclusions or recommendations you have. Make sure to use clear and concise language, and provide specific details and data to support your comment.

2. How do I format my comment for publishing?

Your comment should be formatted according to the guidelines set by the publication you are submitting it to. Generally, this will include using a clear and professional font, double spacing, and proper citations for any sources used. It is also a good idea to proofread your comment for any spelling or grammar errors.

3. Can I include diagrams or images in my comment?

Yes, diagrams and images can be a helpful addition to your comment, but make sure they are relevant and clearly labeled. If using images or diagrams from another source, be sure to properly cite them. Some publications may also have specific guidelines for including visuals in comments, so be sure to check before submitting.

4. Is there a word limit for publishing a comment?

The word limit for a comment may vary depending on the publication. Some may have a specific word limit, while others may have a recommended word count. It is important to follow these guidelines and keep your comment concise and focused on the main points.

5. How long does it typically take for a comment to be published?

The timeline for publishing a comment can vary greatly depending on the publication. Some may have a quicker turnaround time, while others may take several weeks or even months. It is important to be patient and follow up with the publication if you have not heard back after a reasonable amount of time.