Pushing the Limits: Seeking Advice for Modern Outdoor Projects

• Thread starter rjspenba
  • Start date
In summary, seeking advice for modern outdoor projects involves pushing the limits of traditional techniques and materials to create innovative and sustainable designs. This requires a deep understanding of the environment, as well as collaboration with experts in various fields such as architecture, engineering, and ecology. By embracing new technologies and methods, outdoor projects can not only be visually stunning but also functional and environmentally responsible.
rjspenba
Hello,

I'm a 20 year software engineer but have always been a physics enthusiast. Another of my passions is welding and I continually find myself working on modern outdoor projects, such as, outdoor kitchens. As I frequently push the limits of materials I was hoping that I could find a home, such as this forum, where really smart and helpful folks might not mind help me with a dilemma now and then. Since I like pushing the limits of things I thought it best that I seek advice to avoid a catastrophe :)).

Robert

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Robert. :smile:

As long as you aren't asking for advice on how to do something dangerous, we usually can be very helpful. Check out the DIY forum and the Mechanical Engineering forum for ideas of what we often discuss. :smile:

Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you. Our DIY forum may be able help with your welding projects. I hope that you can post pictures of some of your projects.

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF, Robert. :smile:

As long as you aren't asking for advice on how to do something dangerous, we usually can be very helpful. Check out the DIY forum and the Mechanical Engineering forum for ideas of what we often discuss. :smile:

Sounds great to me. I have a couple of fantastic grandchildren so nothing dangerous. I'd just like to avoid having to go back and shore up an underestimated affect that a load might cause. Typically, I way over engineer something but I'm trying to be a little more minimalistic these days.

Likes berkeman