PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys

• Thread starter Tetrisit
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about creating a Universe Simulator and the challenge of generating dark matter webs in the simulation. The desired effect is for the particles to slowly move towards each other to form a web, similar to the image provided. The person is seeking help and examples of how this can be accomplished, preferably using c/c++ or python. They have shared a progress picture of their current work and have identified the key issue as creating a force between the particles to attract them towards each other."
Tetrisit
I am working on a Universe Simulator. I'm stuck on creating the dark matters webs of the universe that look like this: http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/galform/data_vis/sim3dnew-highres.png I am generating the particles as solid spheres with the radius of 0.5 . How can I make the particles slowly move toward each other as demonstrated in the picture above to form "webs" of these particles? If anyone has any ideas or might have some examples of how this can be done that would be great. Code in either c/c++/python would be great. (I have the first step of the picture done) Here is a picture of what I have done: http://i.imgur.com/uiTEa3j.png

The physics I am in need of help with is: Creating a force emitted by each particle to attract other particles toward it to form a web of the particles as show in the picture above.

Technology news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

FAQ: PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys

What is PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys?

PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys is a scientific simulation program that uses PyOpenGL and OpenGL technologies to simulate the behavior and interactions of celestial bodies in a virtual space.

How does PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys work?

The program uses mathematical equations and algorithms to calculate the gravitational forces between the simulated celestial bodies, and uses PyOpenGL/OpenGL to render the movements and positions of the bodies in a visual representation.

What are the applications of PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys?

PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys can be used for educational and research purposes, as it allows scientists and students to study and understand the behavior of celestial bodies in a controlled and interactive environment.

Can PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys accurately simulate real-life scenarios?

While the program uses accurate mathematical calculations and physics principles, it should be noted that it is a simplified simulation and may not accurately reflect all aspects of real-life scenarios. However, it can still provide valuable insights and understanding of celestial body interactions.

Is PyOpenGL/OpenGL Generating Cosmic NBodys difficult to use?

The program requires some knowledge of programming and mathematics, but it is designed to be user-friendly and can be used by individuals with varying levels of experience. There are also resources and tutorials available online to help users get started.