Quantum Mechanics by Galindo, Pascual

In summary, "Quantum Mechanics" by Alberto Galindo and Pedro Pascual is a highly recommended book for those interested in advanced topics in mathematics and theoretical physics. It is considered a favorite among readers and is often used as a standard for physics undergraduates in Spain. The book is also suitable for those pursuing a PhD in theoretical physics and is now available in English.

For those who have used this book

• Lightly don't Recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly don't Recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
These books have all the info I wanted to see in a book on this subject, and at the (mathematical) level I enjoy. I consider this to be my favourite writing on quantum mechanics, followed very closely by Prugovecky and Ballentine.

It's meant to be used only if you're particularly comfortable with advanced topics in mathematics, especially functional analysis. This is the kind of 'must' if you're planning a PhD in theoretical physics, so it's for a pretty selective audience.

dextercioby said:
so it's for a pretty selective audience.
Actually it's pretty much the standard alongside Cohen-Tannoudji for most physics undergraduates in Spain, in particular UCM. At my uni we used Cohen's but I do recall picking this up off the library shelf on some occasion.

I'm actually very surprised to see it has been translated into English.

Last edited:

FAQ: Quantum Mechanics by Galindo, Pascual

1. What is Quantum Mechanics?

Quantum Mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the behavior of matter and energy at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It explains how these particles behave and interact with each other through the use of mathematical equations.

2. Who are Galindo and Pascual?

Galindo and Pascual are two Spanish physicists who co-authored the textbook "Quantum Mechanics" which is widely used as a reference in the study of this subject. They both have extensive expertise in the field of quantum mechanics and have made significant contributions to its development.

3. What are the main concepts covered in "Quantum Mechanics" by Galindo and Pascual?

The textbook covers a wide range of topics including the wave nature of particles, the uncertainty principle, the Schrödinger equation, quantum states and operators, quantum measurement, and the principles of quantum mechanics.

4. Is "Quantum Mechanics" by Galindo and Pascual suitable for beginners?

The textbook is primarily aimed at graduate students and researchers in the field of physics. It assumes a basic understanding of mathematics, physics, and classical mechanics. Therefore, it may not be suitable for beginners unless they have a strong foundation in these subjects.

5. What sets "Quantum Mechanics" by Galindo and Pascual apart from other textbooks on the subject?

One of the key features of this textbook is its comprehensive and rigorous approach to explaining the principles and concepts of quantum mechanics. It also includes numerous exercises and worked examples to help readers better understand the material. Additionally, the authors provide a historical perspective on the development of quantum mechanics, giving readers a deeper understanding of the subject.