Quantum Reality: Evidence for Everything Happening Simultaneously

• Thread starter Rajkovic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Qm Reality
In summary, the conversation discusses whether quantum mechanics suggests that everything is happening at once and if there is evidence to support this idea. While there is a video claiming to confirm this, it is considered pseudoscience. The only experiment that supports this concept is the quantum microphone experiment. However, the individual speaking emphasizes that quantum mechanics is simply a theory about observations and does not address what happens when not observed. They also caution against believing in sensationalist claims about quantum reality.
Rajkovic
Does something in QM suggests that "everything is happening, here/now at once? Is there any evidence to prove it? (quantum reality)

I saw a video about it on the internet, I will not post the source, because I think it is pseudoscience, but he confirmed that QM proves it..lol

Please, I don't want to spread nonesense, I'm just asking a question, answer me .. yes (there is a experiment that suggests it.) no (there is no single evidence)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's BS,

All QM is, is a theory about observations. Those observations are described by a generalised probability model that's very reasonable for describing physical systems without giving the details. It's silent about what's going on when not observed.

That's it, that's all. All the other stuff is utter sensationalist BS.

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
Likes vanhees71
Rajkovic said:
Does something in QM suggests that "everything is happening, here/now at once? Is there any evidence to prove it? (quantum reality)

I saw a video about it on the internet, I will not post the source, because I think it is pseudoscience, but he confirmed that QM proves it..lol

Please, I don't want to spread nonesense, I'm just asking a question, answer me .. yes (there is a experiment that suggests it.) no (there is no single evidence)

This is the experiment that you're looking for:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/quantum-microphone/

Related to Quantum Reality: Evidence for Everything Happening Simultaneously

1. What is quantum reality?

Quantum reality is a theory in quantum mechanics that suggests that all possible outcomes of a situation exist simultaneously until an observation or measurement is made, at which point only one outcome is observed.

2. Is there evidence for quantum reality?

Yes, there is a significant amount of evidence from experiments in quantum mechanics that support the idea of quantum reality. For example, the double-slit experiment and the delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment both demonstrate the existence of multiple possible outcomes existing simultaneously.

3. How does quantum reality differ from classical reality?

In classical reality, objects have defined properties and exist in one specific state at any given time. In quantum reality, objects can exist in multiple states simultaneously and their properties are not fully defined until observed or measured.

4. What is the significance of quantum reality?

The concept of quantum reality challenges our understanding of the physical world and has implications for fields such as technology, computing, and even philosophy. It also allows for a deeper understanding of the behavior of subatomic particles.

5. Is quantum reality universally accepted by scientists?

While quantum reality is widely accepted by the scientific community, there are still debates and ongoing research surrounding its implications and interpretations. Some scientists argue that there may be alternative explanations for the observed phenomena, while others believe that quantum reality is the most accurate description of the physical world.