Queries in ACESS (QBE) : Can we use more than 3 Tables?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about attempting a query on a relational database with three tables, but facing issues with redundancy. The solution involves providing more information about the tables and the desired query. It is also possible to query more than two databases as long as there is a field that can link the tables together.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Homework Statement

I am trying a query on a relational database. No two (related)tables have all the variables/attributes I need. I am trying to do the query on 3 tables.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Doing a query on 3 tables, I am getting redundancy. No idea what else to do.[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to give us more information, such as: what are the contents of the tables and what do you want the query to answer.

Thanks, so in principle it is possible to query more than two databases ? Do we need any pair or any n-ple of databases to be related?

WWGD said:
Thanks, so in principle it is possible to query more than two databases ? Do we need any pair or any n-ple of databases to be related?
Yes. In Access terminology the data are contained in tables while a database contains tables, queries, forms etc. The only requirement for multi-table queries is a field that can be used to link tables pairwise.

FAQ: Queries in ACESS (QBE) : Can we use more than 3 Tables?

1. Can we use more than 3 tables in a single query in Access QBE?

Yes, it is possible to use more than 3 tables in a single query in Access QBE. However, it is not recommended to use too many tables in a single query as it can make the query more complex and difficult to manage.

2. Is there a limit to the number of tables that can be used in a query in Access QBE?

There is no specific limit to the number of tables that can be used in a query in Access QBE. The limit will depend on the complexity of the query and the resources available on the computer running the query.

3. What is the best way to use multiple tables in a query in Access QBE?

The best way to use multiple tables in a query in Access QBE is to first determine the relationship between the tables and then use appropriate join types (such as inner join or outer join) to combine the data from the tables.

4. Can we use tables from different databases in a single query in Access QBE?

Yes, it is possible to use tables from different databases in a single query in Access QBE. However, the databases must be linked in order to access the tables from the other database.

5. Is it possible to use tables with no common fields in a query in Access QBE?

No, it is not possible to use tables with no common fields in a query in Access QBE. In order to combine data from multiple tables, there must be at least one field that is common between the tables to establish a relationship.