Question about gravity and speed of light

In summary: Gravity is curvature in space caused by mass right?Yes, that's right. Then that curvature should be constant for all other small masses.That is, photon follow the path along the curvature caused by huge mass.So if Earth is rotating in its orbit around the sun due to curvature in space caused by sun, then if I point a laser in space in the direction of Earth's orbit, shouldn't the photons of laser should also travel along with that curvature and start orbiting sun?Yes, that's correct.
Jaami M. said:
From the theories I've learned of and from my understanding it's because of the black hole he entered. Now whether it's possible to survive a black hole or not, when he left it he was in the future. This happened because of how time-space Bends and warps around the black hole, because of its Immense Gravitational Field, making "time" also warp. Ultimately making your perceptive relevance to other humans appear to move slower. From my understanding, if he ENTERED a BLACK HOLE, he should be teared limb from mole is to atom! Or at least his daughter should be long gone, and humans should be terraforming Mars and be fishing on Jupiters moon Europa by now! But remember that interstellar is just a movie. There are so many theories of black holes, from creation of another universe to space travel.
molecule*

Physics news on Phys.org
Jaami M. said:
Your completely right, sorry about that. But the argument is still valid via argument correct?

What? I don't know what you're asking.

Jaami M. said:
From the theories I've learned of and from my understanding it's because of the black hole he entered.

Yes, the planet they landed on was close to the supermassive black hole, so they experienced a great deal of time dilation relative to the Earth. So much so that something like 20-30 years passed on Earth while they only experienced a few hours.

Jaami M. said:
From my understanding, if he ENTERED a BLACK HOLE, he should be teared limb from mole is to atom!

Not for supermassive black holes. For those the tidal forces near the event horizon are low enough to allow passage without pulling you apart.

Drakkith said:
Not for supermassive black holes. For those the tidal forces near the event horizon are low enough to allow passage without pulling you apart.

I'm speaking of when he Entered the black hole, not orbiting near it. (going inside the tesseract (from the black hole( on his own)))

Jaami M. said:
I'm speaking of when he Entered the black hole, not orbiting near it. (going inside the tesseract (from the black hole( on his own)))

You can certainly enter a supermassive black hole without being torn apart by gravity, as I said. What happens beyond the even horizon is unknown.

Drakkith said:
You can certainly enter a supermassive black hole without being torn apart by gravity, as I said. What happens beyond the even horizon is unknown.
That's true.

Jaami M. said:
From the theories I've learned of and from my understanding it's because of the black hole he entered.

No; in the movie Interstellar the lead actor goes very close to the horizon of a black hole and stays there for a while, but he never enters the hole (never goes below the horizon). If he had, he wouldn't have been able to come back.

Likes Jaami M.
Everyone... please watch that h this clip and tell me of I'm wrong...-_- he Entered the Black hole...

Jaami M. said:
Everyone... please watch that h this clip and tell me of I'm wrong...-_- he Entered the Black hole...

Or is that not a black hole? Is it just a wormhole or? What is it

Jaami M. said:
Or is that not a black hole? Is it just a wormhole or? What is it
It is made up movie nonscience

phinds said:
It is made up movie nonscience
But remember non-fiction science films become a reality. Flying (planes), digital screens, super computers in our hands, traveling to the moon etc.. It good to know what is to know.

Jaami M. said:
please watch that h this clip and tell me of I'm wrong...-_- he Entered the Black hole...

He's traveling through a wormhole, which is not the same as a black hole. There are mathematical solutions of the Einstein Field Equation that describe wormholes, but they require "exotic matter", which is not believed to be physically possible to obtain.

Jaami M. said:
non-fiction science films become a reality.

Interstellar is not a "non-fiction science film". It's fiction.

PeterDonis said:
He's traveling through a wormhole, which is not the same as a black hole. There are mathematical solutions of the Einstein Field Equation that describe wormholes, but they require "exotic matter", which is not believed to be physically possible to obtain.
Interstellar is not a "non-fiction science film". It's fiction.
Lol sorry, I've had 5 hours sleep, I just found this website last night and I've been on it ever since. There's not many people that I can talk to about physics. So when I do it's like coming out of water taking a huge breath in. Lol I should take a break

PeterDonis said:
You only have to go up to 0:20. But Cooper did travel inside a black hole(Gargantua)

Jaami M. said:
You only have to go up to 0:20. But Cooper did travel inside a black hole(Gargantua)

No, you have misunderstood somehow. That is NOT what it says.

Jaami M. said:
But remember non-fiction science films become a reality. Flying (planes), digital screens, super computers in our hands, traveling to the moon etc.. It good to know what is to know.
No they don't. Hollywood is not a research lab.

And as phinds mentioned above, Interstellar is science fiction, not science fact.
Discussions of it do not belong here in the relativity forum, although there is at least one long thread about the movie in the General Discussion section where non-science is sometimes discussed.

This thread is closed.

Likes Jaami M.