Question about how to read this schematic

• Thread starter Charle2kx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schematic
In summary, the link provided explains the circuit and mentions the T & R test points, which refer to transmit and receive positions of the push to talk switch. The circuit includes a fourth T/R switch near the antenna and suggests using a 4 pole double throw switch for optimal performance. There is no need to connect to ground for a walkie talkie.
Charle2kx
I'm using this link to help me understand how this circuit works. However, I don't exactly know what the T & R test points surrounding the ground mean. There are 3-- two near the 27 MHz xtal and one near the speaker transformer. How should I be interpreting this? Does the ground just mean attach it to ground? Or do the surrounding T & R have to be connected somehow?

I've looked around everywhere, but I still haven't found an answer...

http://www.talkingelectronics.com/projects/200TrCcts/200TrCcts.html#59

Thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
T & R in the schematic refer to the transmit and receive positions of the push to talk switch. There actually is a fourth T/R switch located close to the antenna. That means the push to talk switch must be a 4 pole double throw momentary switch wired so that the normal position is wired for receive.

I don't see a ground. To what are you referring? A walkie talkie would not have to be connected to ground.

FAQ: Question about how to read this schematic

1. What is a schematic?

A schematic is a diagram that represents an electronic circuit or system using standardized symbols and notations. It is used to visualize and understand the connections and functions of different components in a circuit.

2. How do I read a schematic?

To read a schematic, start by identifying the power source and ground connections. Then, follow the flow of the circuit from left to right, paying attention to the connections between different components and the direction of the current. Refer to the legend or key for the symbols and notations used in the schematic.

3. What are the basic elements of a schematic?

The basic elements of a schematic include the power source, ground, resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, and other electronic components. These elements are represented by specific symbols and notations.

4. Why are schematics important in science?

Schematics are important in science because they provide a visual representation of complex electronic systems and allow scientists to analyze and troubleshoot circuits. They also help in designing and building new electronic devices and systems.

5. How do I interpret the information on a schematic?

To interpret the information on a schematic, you need to understand the symbols and notations used and their corresponding meanings. You also need to understand the basic principles of electronic circuits and how different components work together. Practice and familiarization with schematics will also improve your interpretation skills.