Question from Boyd's Optimization Book

In summary, Boyd's Optimization Book is a comprehensive and intuitive guide to understanding optimization theory and its applications in various fields. It is suitable for both beginners and advanced readers, covering topics such as convex optimization, duality, and optimization algorithms. The book also includes numerous practical examples and is highly acclaimed and widely used in the academic community.
newphysist
Hi,

I am reading Convex Optimization from Stephen Boyd's book on my own and I am stuck at math he mentions on Pg. 157 of his book which can be found here.

How does he write the following:

sup{uTP[itex]^{T}_{i}[/itex]x | ||u||2 ≤ 1} = ||P[itex]^{T}_{i}[/itex]x||2

Thanks guys

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Related to Question from Boyd's Optimization Book

1. What is the main focus of Boyd's Optimization Book?

The main focus of Boyd's Optimization Book is to provide a comprehensive and intuitive understanding of optimization theory and its applications in engineering, machine learning, and other areas.

2. Is the book suitable for beginners in optimization?

Yes, the book is suitable for both beginners and advanced readers. It starts with the basics of optimization and gradually progresses to more advanced topics.

3. What are some key topics covered in the book?

The book covers a wide range of topics including convex optimization, duality, unconstrained and constrained optimization, optimization algorithms, and applications of optimization in various fields.

4. Are there any practical examples included in the book?

Yes, the book includes numerous practical examples and applications to help readers understand how optimization can be applied in real-world scenarios.

5. Is Boyd's Optimization Book widely used in the academic community?

Yes, the book is highly acclaimed and widely used in the academic community as a reference for optimization theory and its applications.