Recommended books on Riemann surfaces in context of bosonic stringtheory

In summary, there are a variety of books available for learning about Riemann surfaces in the context of bosonic string theory. Some recommended titles include "Riemann Surfaces and Algebraic Curves: A First Course in Hurwitz Theory" by Rick Miranda, "Introduction to Riemann Surfaces and Algebraic Curves" by Serge Lang, "Riemann Surfaces in Algebraic Geometry" by Robert C. Gunning, and "Riemann Surfaces and Strings" by Nathan I. Kroll. For beginners, "Riemann Surfaces and Strings" by Nathan I. Kroll is a great introductory book. There are also online resources and lectures available, such as "Riemann Surfaces
moriheru
I am looking for a introductiory book on Riemann surfaces in context of bosonic String theory, or heterotic String theory for that matter. Prices should be affordable but should not matter, of I nead guide books this also does not matter...Help is seriusly apreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

FAQ: Recommended books on Riemann surfaces in context of bosonic stringtheory

1. What are some recommended books for learning about Riemann surfaces in the context of bosonic string theory?

Some recommended books include "Riemann Surfaces and Algebraic Curves: A First Course in Hurwitz Theory" by Rick Miranda and "Introduction to Riemann Surfaces and Algebraic Curves" by Serge Lang.

2. Are there any books that specifically focus on Riemann surfaces in relation to bosonic string theory?

Yes, "Riemann Surfaces in Algebraic Geometry" by Robert C. Gunning and "Riemann Surfaces and Strings" by Nathan I. Kroll both provide a comprehensive treatment of Riemann surfaces in the context of bosonic string theory.

3. Can you recommend a book for beginners who are interested in learning about Riemann surfaces and bosonic string theory?

"Riemann Surfaces and Strings" by Nathan I. Kroll is a great introductory book for those who are new to the subject and want to learn more about the connection between Riemann surfaces and bosonic string theory.

4. Are there any online resources or lectures that cover Riemann surfaces in the context of bosonic string theory?

Yes, there are several online lectures and resources available, such as "Riemann Surfaces and String Theory" by Edward Witten and "Lectures on Riemann Surfaces and Conformal Field Theory" by Katrin Wendland.

5. Are there any advanced books on Riemann surfaces in relation to bosonic string theory?

For those looking for more advanced texts, "Riemann Surfaces, Algebraic Curves, and Moduli Spaces" by Martin Schlichenmaier and "Mirror Symmetry and Algebraic Geometry" by David R. Morrison and Katrin Wendland are highly recommended.