REDUZE for Feynman integral tensor reduction

In summary, the individual is seeking guidance on setting up a procedure in REDUZE for decomposing tensor integrals into scalar topologies while factoring out the tensor structure. They have already looked at the manual, but are unsure of how to incorporate the tensor structure into their set up. They have had success with decomposing scalar topologies, but are unsure if this is the appropriate place to ask their question. They are also open to finding resources online to aid in their process.
CAF123
Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up a procedure in REDUZE that will decompose tensor integrals appearing in QCD loop calculations into a sum of scalar topologies with the tensor structure factored out? I've had a look at the appropriate manual but I am not entirely sure how to incorporate the tensor structure into the set up - I've managed to get it working for decomposing scalar topologies (e.g ones with arbitrary propagators) only.
Not sure if this is the correct place for this question either.
Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hi there! I'm not familiar with REDUZE, but I wanted to let you know that you're in the right place to ask this question. You might also want to see if you can find some helpful resources online (like tutorials, user guides, etc.) to help you figure out how to incorporate the tensor structure into your set up. Good luck!

Related to REDUZE for Feynman integral tensor reduction

1. What is "REDUZE" and how does it relate to Feynman integral tensor reduction?

REDUZE is a computer program used for automating the reduction of Feynman integrals. It uses a combination of graph theory and symbolic manipulation to simplify and solve tensor integrals, making the process faster and more accurate.

2. What makes REDUZE different from other programs for Feynman integral reduction?

REDUZE is unique in its use of graph theory. It represents each tensor diagram as a mathematical graph, allowing for the use of graph algorithms to simplify the integrals. This method has been shown to be more efficient and accurate compared to other approaches.

3. Is REDUZE only useful for Feynman integrals with a specific number of loops or dimensions?

No, REDUZE is designed to work for Feynman integrals with any number of loops and dimensions. It is able to handle integrals of any complexity, making it a versatile tool for researchers in various fields of physics.

4. Does REDUZE require any prior knowledge of programming or graph theory?

No, REDUZE is designed to be user-friendly and does not require any prior knowledge of programming or graph theory. It has a simple interface and can be used by researchers with varying levels of technical expertise.

5. Can REDUZE be used for other types of integrals besides Feynman integrals?

While REDUZE is primarily designed for Feynman integrals, its graph-based approach can also be applied to other types of integrals. It has been successfully used for integrals in quantum field theory, lattice gauge theory, and other areas of theoretical physics.