Reggezation. How does it come about?

• Thread starter earth2
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the BFKL equation and how reggezation relates to virtual corrections in gluon exchange. The participants are interested in finding a well-worked example that explicitly shows how radiative corrections are given by reggezised gluons.
earth2
Hey folks,

i am reading about the BFKL equation and came across the reggezation of the exchanged gluons. Now, i understand what reggezation means but i don't see where it enters. Especially since most people simple write "virtual corrections enter via replacing the propagators by bla bla. this is called reggezation".

So what i would like to see i a well-worked example where i can EXPLICITELY see that the radiative corrections are given be reggezised gluons... Does anyone have an idea where i can find that?

Thanks
earth2

Physics news on Phys.org
I would love to see this as well. (Which is kind of sad because the BFKL equation is part of my likely thesis project and I really should know this stuff... if I manage to figure out I'll post here.)

Related to Reggezation. How does it come about?

1. What is Reggezation?

Reggezation is a mathematical framework used to describe the scattering of particles at high energies. It is based on the concept of Regge trajectories, which are curves that map the relationship between the angular momentum and the energy of a particle.

2. How does Reggezation come about?

Reggezation arises from the need to understand the behavior of particles at very high energies. At these energies, the traditional methods of quantum field theory break down, and Reggezation provides a new way to approach the problem.

3. What is the role of Regge trajectories in Reggezation?

Regge trajectories play a crucial role in Reggezation as they describe the behavior of particles with different angular momenta at high energies. They show how the energy of a particle changes as its angular momentum increases, providing important information about the scattering process.

4. How is Reggezation related to string theory?

Reggezation is closely related to string theory, which is a theory that describes the fundamental building blocks of the universe as tiny, vibrating strings. String theory incorporates Reggezation in its framework to explain the behavior of particles at high energies.

5. What are the applications of Reggezation?

Reggezation has many applications in theoretical physics, notably in the study of high-energy particle collisions and the behavior of hadrons. It is also used in cosmology to understand the evolution of the universe and in string theory to describe the interactions between particles.