Relativity according to Dr. Wayne Dyer

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Relativity
In summary, Dr. Wayne Dyer is a well-known figure in the self-help industry and he recently gave a lecture series called "Inspiration, Your Ultimate Call" where he discussed Einstein's theory of relativity. He also used a story from Chuang Tzu to further explain the concept. However, some people are skeptical of Dyer's teachings and his methods, with some even finding it ridiculous.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Many here may or may not have heard of Dr. Wayne Dyer
http://www.drwaynedyer.com/

According to Dr Dyer in his latest lecture series - Inspiration, Your Ultimate Call - most people probably don't understand the theory of relativity. So Dyer kindly explains that "Einstein said that everything is relative".

Then the good doctor continues to put this into context by citing Chuang Tzu's paradox.

The great Taoist master Chuang Tzu once dreamt that he was a butterfly fluttering here and there. In the dream he had no awareness of his individuality as a person. He was only a butterfly. Suddenly, he awoke and found himself laying there, a person once again. But then he thought to himself, "Was I before a man who dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I now a butterfly who dreams about being a man?"
http://www.rider.edu/suler/zenstory/dreaming.html

Dyer explains that this is what Einstein meant when he said that "everything is relative".

Excuse me while I fall off my chair laughing...:smile: :smile: :smile:

Oh yes, along with Deepak Choprah, he has received the Albert Einstein College of Medicine's Einstein Award.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
And to think that I bought "Winning Through Intimidation" and "Pulling Your Own Strings" when I was young and stupid.

The "everything is relaltive" bit is bad enough [and completely wrong], but to then explain this in terms of Chuang Tsu is about as bad as it gets.

Wayne Dyer

I have seen Wayne Dyer on PBS and I was not too impressed with what he had to say and I didn't like his daughter singing during the program.

People will belief anything. ridiculous

Related to Relativity according to Dr. Wayne Dyer

1. What is Relativity according to Dr. Wayne Dyer?

Relativity according to Dr. Wayne Dyer is a concept that states that everything in the universe is connected and that we are all part of a larger whole. This means that our thoughts, actions, and energy can affect not only ourselves but also the world around us.

2. How does Relativity relate to personal growth and development?

Relativity, as explained by Dr. Wayne Dyer, emphasizes the power of our thoughts and beliefs in shaping our reality. By understanding this concept, we can use our thoughts to manifest positive changes and growth in our lives.

3. Can Relativity be scientifically proven?

While Relativity may not have a scientific explanation, there is evidence to support its principles. Studies have shown that our thoughts and emotions can affect our physical health and well-being, and the concept of interconnectedness is supported by quantum physics.

4. How can I apply Relativity in my daily life?

You can apply Relativity in your daily life by being mindful of your thoughts and beliefs. Practice positive thinking, gratitude, and compassion towards others. Understand that your actions and energy can have a ripple effect on the world around you.

5. Is Relativity according to Dr. Wayne Dyer a spiritual concept?

While Relativity may have spiritual undertones, it is not solely a spiritual concept. It can also be viewed as a psychological and philosophical concept that can be applied to personal growth and development. It is ultimately up to the individual to interpret and apply Relativity in a way that resonates with them.