Relativity through different scales

• Thread starter DarkStar7
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Relativity
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of the universe being fundamentally fractal and explores the concept of scale and its relation to objects. It also questions why the theories of General Relativity and Quantum physics do not work well together and suggests applying Einstein's theory of relativity along the direction of scale. The idea of spacetime spiraling through the scale direction and particles of matter existing through standing waves is also mentioned.
DarkStar7
We already have some evidence that the universe is accellerating towards an infinitely large size.If we presume that the universe uses a fractal framework, where by you no longer have zero size but instead spacetime is accellerating towards or from a infinitly small size. Then to me there is a direction here along 'scale'. ie In my mind I can travel from the very large to the very small...travelling in a direction.

If I were in a black void with no references I would not know whether I was traveling in uniform motion or whether I was at rest. In uniform motion all speed is relative.

keeping with the idea of the universe being fundermentally fractal.I began thinking about sizes of objects. Are sizes of objects also relative? It seemed an elegant idea to me but had no basis in the real Universe. But why?
The problem I saw for me is that you could end up with electrons, planets galaxies etc of any size which is ridiculous.

In the real universe objects have specific ranges of sizes. But why? Why is the universe variant in scale. Why do we have two theories one of the very large and one of the very small. Why do the theories of General Relativity and Quantum physics not work well together? Many scientists have been wrestling with this problem for years.

So I done another thought experiment. The only thing in Einsteins theory of relativity which is absolute is accellerated frames.

So the question is...

Can we apply Einsteins theory of relativity along the direction of scale? What would happen in the quantum world if spacetime was accellerated from it or to it along the direction of scale.

I like to imagine spacetime at every point in space accelerating,spiraling through the scale direction like a vortex, twisting spacetime like a tornado, so that any nasty black holes produced would be balanced by its own twisted spacetime (magnetic fields) in the fabric of spacetime .
Particles of matter would then exist through consisting of standing waves set up in this spacetime.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure I understand your point but it sounds a bit like Zeno vs. Plank

If this is the case, then it could explain the observed variations in sizes of objects and the differences between the theories of General Relativity and Quantum physics.

One possible explanation for this could be that spacetime itself is a fractal structure, with smaller scales nested within larger scales. This would mean that the laws of physics would also have variations at different scales, leading to the differences between General Relativity and Quantum physics.

Additionally, if spacetime is indeed accelerating in the direction of scale, it could also explain the observed expansion of the universe. As the universe expands, the scale of spacetime would also increase, leading to the acceleration of objects away from each other.

Of course, this is all just speculation and there is currently no evidence to support this idea. But it is an interesting concept to consider and it could potentially shed light on the mysteries of the universe and its varying scales. Further research and experimentation in this area could provide more insights into the nature of spacetime and its role in the workings of the universe.

Related to Relativity through different scales

1. What is the theory of relativity?

The theory of relativity is a fundamental principle in physics proposed by Albert Einstein in the early 20th century. It describes how the laws of physics are the same for all observers in uniform motion, and how gravity affects the fabric of space and time.

2. How does relativity apply to different scales?

Relativity applies to different scales by describing how the laws of physics behave in different gravitational fields. On a large scale, it explains the movement of planets and galaxies, while on a smaller scale, it explains the behavior of subatomic particles.

3. What is the difference between general and special relativity?

Special relativity deals with the laws of physics in the absence of gravity, while general relativity includes gravity in its equations. General relativity also describes the curvature of space and time caused by massive objects, while special relativity does not.

4. How does relativity impact our understanding of the universe?

Relativity has greatly impacted our understanding of the universe by providing a more accurate view of how objects move and interact. It has also helped explain phenomena such as black holes, gravitational waves, and the expansion of the universe.

5. Can relativity be proven?

Relativity has been extensively tested and has been confirmed by numerous experiments and observations. However, it is still considered a theory and is subject to further testing and refinement. As of now, it is the most accurate and widely accepted description of gravity and the laws of physics at different scales.