Removing Stars from Google: Tips & Tricks

In summary, to remove a star from a Google search result, click on the star next to the result. Multiple stars can be removed at once by selecting them in the starred items list. Removing a star will not affect future search results and cannot be retrieved once removed. The "s" key can be used as a shortcut for adding or removing stars from search results.
Stephanus
Dear PF Forum,

Anybody knows how to remove the star?
Google Map.JPG

I forgot when I unintentionally put that star, now I want to remove it. But I can't. Some websites suggest by inserting some HTML (or Java script? Can't tell the difference) script. Is there an easy way withouth signing off google?

Thanks for any tips.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Click on the star on the map. Then click on the yellow star just above "Saved" (left side of the image below).

gmaps.jpg

Wow it works! Thanks Samy_A

FAQ: Removing Stars from Google: Tips & Tricks

1. How do I remove a star from a Google search result?

To remove a star from a Google search result, simply click on the star next to the search result. This will remove the star and the result will no longer be saved to your list of starred items.

2. Can I remove multiple stars at once?

Yes, you can remove multiple stars at once by going to your list of starred items and selecting the items you want to remove. You can then click on the "Remove" button to remove all selected stars.

3. Will removing a star affect my search results?

No, removing a star from a search result will not affect your future search results. It only removes the star from your list of starred items.

4. Can I retrieve a removed star?

Unfortunately, once a star is removed from a search result, it cannot be retrieved. It is recommended to think carefully before removing a star to avoid accidentally removing a useful result.

5. Are there any keyboard shortcuts for removing stars?

Yes, you can use the "s" key to quickly add or remove a star from a search result. This is a helpful shortcut for quickly managing your list of starred items.

Back