Research Help: Get Info on 9 Planets

• Thread starter Nawaf
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a student asking for help with their research on the nine planets, specifically information on their velocity, distance from the sun, orbit shape, and sources for this information. The person responding suggests using Wikipedia and Google to find this information and mentions that the solar system now only has eight planets, with Pluto being considered a dwarf planet.
Nawaf
may you help me PLZ ?? Qs

hi all ... this is my first post in this great forum ..

i'm student in high school

and i was wondering if u can help me in my research ..

i need in my research some full information in [the 9 planets] ..

for example ..
-how much velocity do the Earth circle around the sun? << or any planet in km\h
-how far is the planet from the sun? << in meters
-planet's orbit shape?? << is it circle or what .. ?
-how many (km) does the planet circle around the sun?
-is there any site provides this information(with graph or without) for me?
-how can I imagine the shape of planet's orbit ? << I think I need graph !

i need any source that could help me !?
and please ... my research isn't for the Earth "only" but in the all nine planets so i need this
information for all of them (the nine planets) ...

thank u at the end ,,,

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Nawaf said:

i'm student in high school

and i was wondering if u can help me in my research ..

i need in my research some full information in [the 9 planets] ..

for example ..
-how much velocity do the Earth circle around the sun? << or any planet in km\h
-how far is the planet from the sun? << in meters
-planet's orbit shape?? << is it circle or what .. ?
-how many (km) does the planet circle around the sun?
-is there any site provides this information(with graph or without) for me?
-how can I imagine the shape of planet's orbit ? << I think I need graph !

and please ... my research isn't for the Earth "only" but in the all nine planets so i need this

thank u at the end ,,,

Hello there, welcome to PF:
First of all, this probably belongs to HW section.
Second of all, as far as I know its your homework, your research. Youre basically asking other people to do it for you without showing any effort put it whatsoever. (Not even please, just some mutated form... please or pls or what do I know.)

But hey, youre new! Ill give you an advice: Go to www.wikipedia.org[/url]. (as mgb mentioned) Write name of your planet (example mars) and you have almost all information needed on single page, infact in a single box on the right hand side of the page. If you feel like you need more information there is another interesting adress: [url]www.google.com[/URL]! Write name of your planet, perhaps add *shape of orbit* or something if needed, and voila, you get tonnes of information.
So /shoo and good luck with your research!

Tachyon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nawaf said:

and please ... my research isn't for the Earth "only" but in the *all nine planets* so i need this

thank u at the end ,,,
Unfortunately, our solar system is no longer composed of nine planets. Pluto is now considered a dwarf planet...

:).

FAQ: Research Help: Get Info on 9 Planets

1. What are the 9 planets in our solar system?

The 9 planets in our solar system are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto (although Pluto is now classified as a dwarf planet).

2. How were the 9 planets discovered?

The 9 planets were discovered through various methods such as telescopic observations, mathematical calculations, and space missions. Some were known to ancient civilizations, while others were only discovered in recent centuries.

3. What are the characteristics of each planet?

Each planet has unique characteristics such as size, composition, atmosphere, and distance from the sun. For more detailed information on each planet, you can refer to reliable sources such as NASA or National Geographic.

4. Are there any other planets in our solar system?

Apart from the 8 planets and 1 dwarf planet in our solar system, there are other minor celestial bodies such as asteroids, comets, and moons. However, these are not considered as planets.

5. Why is it important to learn about the 9 planets?

Learning about the 9 planets in our solar system helps us understand the complexity and diversity of our universe. It also allows us to appreciate the delicate balance and conditions that make Earth a habitable planet. Furthermore, studying the planets can also provide valuable insights for future space exploration and understanding of other planetary systems.

Back