Reshaping Complex Equations in LTI-Systems: Solving for the System Function H(z)

In summary, The speakers are discussing a problem with an LTI-system, which is essentially a math problem. The problem is to compute the System Function H(z) from the Frequency Response. They are trying to reshape the equation to only have exp^(-j*k*w), where k is an integer. The answer should be in the form H(z)= (b_0+b_1 z^(-1)+b_2 z^(-2)+⋯)/(1-a_1 z^(-1)-a_2 z^(-2)-…), where z = exp^jw, and the b and a
mkkribor
Hi!

New go on my problem with LTI-system which really is a math-problem:

My problem i can't solve:

Compute the System Function H(z) from the Frequency

H(e^jw)=2*exp^(-j*3/2*w)*[cos(w/2)]^2

In other words i need to reshape the equation where i only have exp^(-j*k*w), where k is an integer.

Then the answer should be in the form:
H(z)= (b_0+b_1 z^(-1)+b_2 z^(-2)+⋯)/(1-a_1 z^(-1)-a_2 z^(-2)-…)
where z = exp^jw, and the b and a are constants.

Thx for any help!

Physics news on Phys.org
welcome to pf!

hi mkkribor! welcome to pf! :smile:

(try using the X2 icon just above the Reply box :wink:)

hint: use Euler's equation and the formula xab = (xa)b :wink:

Thx for answer, and I see that solves it for what I first asked for. But then i get squareroots and I still can't get it in the form I want:

H([e]^{}[/jw]) = [_{}[/0]+_{}[/1][e]^{}[/-jw]+...+_{}[/m][e]^{}[/-jmw]]\frac{}{}[/1-[a]_{}[/1][e]^{}[/-jw]+...+[a]_{}[/n]*[e]^{}[/-jnw]]

where n,m = integers and the a-s and b-s can be anything. (Most likely in this case, its an FIR-filter, which means that all the a-s coefficients are zero)

Can you help me on this please?

Ok, i clearly don't understand how to use the formating;), but i can attach a photo of the equation if you doent see what it says?

hi mkkribor! :smile:

hmm :rolleyes: … let's decode this …

H(e/jw) = b0 + b1e/jw + ... + _{}[/m]e-/jw\frac{}{}[/1-[a]_{}[/1][e]^{}[/-jw]+...+[a]_{}[/n]*[e]^{}[/-jnw]

no, i give up :redface:

to make b1ejw, type [NOPARSE]"b1ejw"[/NOPARSE] :smile:

Related to Reshaping Complex Equations in LTI-Systems: Solving for the System Function H(z)

1. What is a complex equation?

A complex equation is an algebraic equation that contains complex numbers, which are numbers that have both a real and imaginary component. These equations are typically used to solve problems in physics, engineering, and other scientific fields.

2. How do you change the form of a complex equation?

The form of a complex equation can be changed by using various algebraic techniques such as factoring, expanding, and simplifying. These techniques help to rearrange the equation in a more useful or simplified form.

3. Why would you want to change the form of a complex equation?

Changing the form of a complex equation can make it easier to solve or manipulate. It can also help to reveal patterns or relationships within the equation that may not have been apparent in its original form.

4. Can you give an example of changing the form of a complex equation?

Sure, one example is converting a complex number from standard form (a+bi) to trigonometric form (r(cosθ+isinθ)). This can be done using the Pythagorean theorem and trigonometric identities.

5. Are there any rules for changing the form of a complex equation?

Yes, there are several rules and techniques that can be used to change the form of a complex equation. Some common rules include the distributive property, the quadratic formula, and the rules of exponents.