...review article on atom optics - need recommendation.

In summary, atom optics is a branch of physics that focuses on the manipulation and control of atoms using electromagnetic fields. It is important because it enables precise control and manipulation of individual atoms, with potential applications in quantum computing and precision measurements. A review article on atom optics provides a comprehensive summary of the current state of research in the field, including developments, methodologies, and applications. It can benefit researchers by offering a thorough understanding, identifying knowledge gaps, and suggesting future research directions. One recommended review article is "Advances in Atom Optics" by A. Aspect and J. Dalibard, published in <i>Physics Today</i>. There are also open access options, such as "Atom Optics: A Review" by P.
houlahound
Before life got in the way I used to follow this field as a science fan up until the early 90's.

Any good review articles for a general readership that can fill the gap in from early 90's till now.

I would like to see how a lot of that research progressed and
if any applications / devices came out of it.

What temperatures were achieved and were Bose Einstein condensed states ever achieved.

Has anyone made an undergrad laboratory magneto-optical trap?

Physics news on Phys.org

FAQ: ...review article on atom optics - need recommendation.

1. What is atom optics and why is it important?

Atom optics is a branch of physics that studies the manipulation and control of atoms using electromagnetic fields. It is important because it allows for precise control and manipulation of individual atoms, which has applications in fields such as quantum computing and precision measurements.

2. What is a review article on atom optics?

A review article on atom optics is a comprehensive summary of the current state of research in this field. It provides an overview of the most important developments, methodologies, and applications in atom optics.

3. How can a review article on atom optics benefit researchers?

A review article on atom optics can benefit researchers by providing a thorough understanding of the current state of research in this field. It can also help identify knowledge gaps and suggest future research directions.

4. Can you recommend a specific review article on atom optics?

I would recommend the review article "Advances in Atom Optics" by A. Aspect and J. Dalibard, published in the journal Physics Today. It covers a wide range of topics in atom optics and is written by two leading experts in the field.

5. Are there any open access review articles on atom optics?

Yes, there are several open access review articles on atom optics, such as "Atom Optics: A Review" by P. D. Lett, published in the journal Advances in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. It is freely available online and provides a clear and concise overview of the subject.