Revolutionizing Renewable Energy: The Wave-Engine Innovation

• Thread starter Pust
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has invented a machine that harnesses power from waves in the ocean. They have not found anyone else with the same idea and are wondering if it is realistic to make it work. The machine has two floats that are half a wavelength apart and the speaker believes this design is more efficient than other existing wave power generators. They have not calculated the potential power output but believe it could be limitless. The design takes into consideration the varying wavelength and height of waves and aims to work efficiently under all conditions. The speaker admits they are not a mathematician but believes their design has potential for success.
Pust
Hello guys
Some years ago, i "invented" this machine to make power out of waves in the ocean. So far no one else had come up, with total same ideer as i. What do you think, is it realistic to make it work?
1374047_10201669540167477_1137225_n.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
You should describe how it works. Does "updraft 1" bob up and down, turning the generator?

Have you tried to calculate how much power you could get? How does it compare to/differ from existing wave power generators?

And it seems like it would be more efficient to have the two floats on the surface, and kept 1/2 wavelength apart. Have you calculated the difference in efficiency between your scheme and other wave energy harvesting schemes? The ones that are actually built and operating in ocean trials are probably among the most efficient possible so far...

As I understand it the wavelength and height of waves varies a lot so one design objective is to make it work efficiently under all conditions

Likes berkeman
I am not the big mathematician. But my thought is. if there is only one updraft. The one is limited in between, its own weight, and gravity to make energy. In this model, you can fill both with air, which cost much lesser to produce, and the model can produce limitless mass of energy multiplied with an half(in theory) but it will pull the generator equal both ways. some of the "limit" will be the wave high and wave top, but then again, you just make bigger pontoons which is not very expensive..

A correction; I write: "The one is limited in between, its own weight, and gravity to make energy" I mean between its own weight/gravity and upraft.

Related to Revolutionizing Renewable Energy: The Wave-Engine Innovation

1. What is the Wave-Engine Innovation?

The Wave-Engine Innovation is a new technology that harnesses the power of ocean waves to generate renewable energy. It is a system of wave energy converters that can be installed in the ocean to capture the energy of waves and convert it into electricity.

2. How does the Wave-Engine work?

The Wave-Engine uses a series of interconnected floats that are attached to a central shaft. As ocean waves pass over the floats, they move up and down, causing the shaft to rotate. This rotational energy is then converted into electricity through a generator.

3. What are the benefits of the Wave-Engine Innovation?

The Wave-Engine Innovation has several benefits over traditional forms of renewable energy. It is more reliable and predictable than solar or wind energy, as ocean waves are more consistent. It also has a smaller environmental impact and takes up less space compared to other forms of renewable energy.

4. How much energy can the Wave-Engine generate?

The amount of energy that the Wave-Engine can generate depends on the size of the system and the strength of the waves in the area. However, on average, one Wave-Engine can generate enough electricity to power about 500 homes.

5. Is the Wave-Engine Innovation cost-effective?

The Wave-Engine is still a relatively new technology, so the initial cost of installation may be higher compared to other forms of renewable energy. However, it has a long lifespan and low maintenance costs, making it a cost-effective option in the long run. Additionally, as the technology continues to improve and become more widespread, the cost is expected to decrease.

Back