Richard Wright from Pink Floyd passed away

• Thread starter B. Elliott
  • Start date
In summary: RIP, Richard Wright. You will be missed.In summary, Richard Wright, a founding member of the British rock band Pink Floyd, died Monday at the age of 65 after battling cancer. Wright wrote and sang on some of the band's biggest songs, like "The Great Gig In The Sky" and "Us And Them" from 1973's The Dark Side Of The Moon. He left the band in the early '80s but rejoined them for their 1987 album A Momentary Lapse of Reason. Wright was a musician's musician, and his loss will be felt by many.
B. Elliott
:cry:

Richard Wright Dies at 65
(FROM AP) — Richard Wright, a founding member of the British rock band Pink Floyd, died in his home on Monday (Sept. 15) at the age of 65. He had been battling cancer. Wright formed Pink Floyd along with Roger Waters and Nick Mason. He wrote, played keyboards, and sang on some of the band's biggest songs, like ''The Great Gig In The Sky'' and ''Us And Them'' from 1973's The Dark Side Of The Moon. He left band in the early '80s but rejoined for their 1987 album A Momentary Lapse of Reason.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20225873,00.html

wright1-300.jpg

As the great Ted Nugent once said, 'Some people think they going to die someday, I got news, you never got to go'.

Physics news on Phys.org
My condolensces to his family and friends.

An era is passing.

Forgive my lack of familiarity with the news source, but is this credible? I don't see another media outlet reporting this?

It has been reported by several news sources since his death two days ago.

So sad to see yet another great musician go.

waht said:
Forgive my lack of familiarity with the news source, but is this credible? I don't see another media outlet reporting this?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/15/obit.wright.ap/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Noo!

Never mind. Sad to see he had to go.

waht said:
I was disappointed by the lack of news coverage it got, but I did hear it once on the radio yesterday.

Indeed Russ. I always check news everyday and somehow didn't catch this.

Pink Floyd was the best. It is always sad to lose one of the greats.

I played DSOTM and WYWH on my reel-to-reel until the tape wore out.

FAQ: Richard Wright from Pink Floyd passed away

1. Who was Richard Wright from Pink Floyd?

Richard Wright was a musician and founding member of the iconic progressive rock band Pink Floyd. He played keyboards and provided vocals for the band, and also contributed to songwriting.

2. When did Richard Wright pass away?

Richard Wright passed away on September 15, 2008 at the age of 65. He died from cancer at his home in London, England.

3. What was the cause of Richard Wright's death?

Richard Wright's cause of death was cancer. He had been battling the disease for several months before his passing.

4. How did Richard Wright's passing impact Pink Floyd?

Richard Wright's passing had a significant impact on Pink Floyd. He was a key member of the band and his contributions to their music were greatly missed. The remaining members decided to disband Pink Floyd after his death.

5. What is Richard Wright's legacy in the music industry?

Richard Wright's legacy in the music industry is one of innovation and creativity. He was known for his unique approach to playing keyboards and his contributions to Pink Floyd's sound were crucial in shaping the band's success. He will always be remembered as a talented and influential musician.

Back