Saudi Oil Infrastructure Rigged For Catastrophic Self Destruction

• News
  • Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Oil Self
In summary: This rung a bell from an article i read about 5 or 6 years back...Worked in Saudi Arabia ten years or so, part of the time on ARAMCO projects, and I believe the tale is a load of pfft! It makes a good story, but I will not bother to read it.
fourier jr
Embargoed Book Claims Saudi Oil Infrastructure Rigged For Catastrophic Self Destruction

By Huffington Post

05/10/05 "HP" - - According to a new book exclusively obtained by the Huffington Post, Saudi Arabia has crafted a plan to protect itself from a possible invasion or internal attack. It includes the use of a series of explosives, including radioactive “dirty bombs,” that would cripple Saudi Arabian oil production and distribution systems for decades.

Bestselling author Gerald Posner lays out this “doomsday scenario” in his forthcoming Secrets of the Kingdom: The Inside Story of the Saudi-US Connection (Random House).

According to the book, which will be released to the public on May 17, based on National Security Agency electronic intercepts, the Saudi Arabian government has in place a nationwide, self-destruction explosive system composed of conventional explosives and dirty bombs strategically placed at the Kingdom’s key oil ports, pipelines, pumping stations, storage tanks, offshore platforms, and backup facilities. If activated, the bombs would destroy the infrastructure of the world’s largest oil supplier, and leave the country a contaminated nuclear wasteland ensuring that the Kingdom’s oil would be unusable to anyone. The NSA file is dubbed internally Petro SE, for petroleum scorched earth.

To make certain that the damaged facilities cannot be rebuilt, the Saudis have deployed crude Radioactive Dispersal Devices (RDDs) throughout the Kingdom. Built covertly over several years, these dirty bombs are in place at -- among other locations -- all eight of the Kingdom’s refineries, sections of the world’s largest oil field at Ghawar, and at three of the ten indispensable processing towers at the largest-ever processing complex at Abqaiq.

etc etc

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article8802.htm

WOW that's straight out of sci-fi or something! No wonder the Saudi royal family says "who's your daddy" to US presidents!

Physics news on Phys.org
The best way to avoid an american invasion...

Oddly enough I believe it was designed to keep Iraq from invading and taking their oil... This rung a bell from an article i read about 5 or 6 years back...

Worked in Saudi Arabia ten years or so, part of the time on ARAMCO projects, and I believe the tale is a load of pfft! It makes a good story, but I will not bother to read it.

Pfft

Related to Saudi Oil Infrastructure Rigged For Catastrophic Self Destruction

1. What is the current state of Saudi Arabia's oil infrastructure?

As of now, Saudi Arabia's oil infrastructure is functioning normally and there are no immediate indications of any major issues or risks.

2. Is there any evidence to support the claim that Saudi oil infrastructure is rigged for self-destruction?

There is no concrete evidence to support this claim. While there have been instances of sabotage and attacks on Saudi oil facilities in the past, there is no indication that the infrastructure is rigged for self-destruction.

3. What would be the potential consequences of a catastrophic self-destruction of Saudi oil infrastructure?

If such an event were to occur, it would have significant global repercussions. Saudi Arabia is the world's largest exporter of oil and any disruption to its production could lead to a spike in oil prices and affect the global economy.

4. Are there any measures in place to prevent a potential catastrophic self-destruction of Saudi oil infrastructure?

The Saudi government and oil companies have security measures in place to protect their oil infrastructure. These include physical security measures such as surveillance systems and security personnel, as well as cybersecurity measures to protect against cyber attacks.

5. What are the possible reasons behind the claim that Saudi oil infrastructure is rigged for self-destruction?

The claim could be fueled by political or economic motives, as well as speculation or conspiracy theories. However, there is no evidence to support this claim and it is important to rely on factual information and expert analysis when evaluating such claims.

Back