Search result pages reload when using browsers arrows

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, when using the back or forward arrows on a browser, search result pages will reload in order to show the most up-to-date results. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this from happening. All browsers will reload search result pages when using arrows and this behavior cannot be changed. One way to go back to a previous page without reloading is by right-clicking on the back arrow and selecting "Open Link in New Tab". To improve the speed of reloading search result pages, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, disabling extensions, or using a faster internet connection. Choosing a search engine with a faster loading time may also help.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
I notice that when I do a search that produces several pages of results and try to browse through them with my browsers forward and backward arrows, the pages seem to reload instead of being retrieved from a local cache on my machine. This makes the process slow. Is there a way to stop them from reloading? (I use Linux and Opera or Firefox.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, sorry to be blunt but don't use your back / forward buttons.

Use the built in next / previous buttons. They don't perform the search again.

Related to Search result pages reload when using browsers arrows

1. Why do search result pages reload when using browser arrows?

When using the back or forward arrows on a browser, it reloads the previous or next page in your browsing history. Since search result pages are dynamic and constantly changing, they need to be reloaded in order to show the most up-to-date results.

2. Can I prevent search result pages from reloading when using browser arrows?

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent search result pages from reloading when using browser arrows. This is because the page needs to be refreshed in order to show the most current results.

3. Do all browsers reload search result pages when using arrows?

Yes, all browsers will reload search result pages when using the back or forward arrows. This is a standard behavior and cannot be changed.

4. Is there a way to go back to a previous search result page without reloading?

One way to go back to a previous search result page without reloading is by right-clicking on the back arrow and selecting "Open Link in New Tab". This will open the previous page in a new tab without reloading the current page.

5. How can I improve the speed of search result pages reloading when using browser arrows?

To improve the speed of search result pages reloading when using browser arrows, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, disabling any browser extensions, or using a faster internet connection. Additionally, using a search engine with a faster loading time may also improve the speed of reloading search result pages.