See an object clearly in fluid like water

In summary, we are able to see objects clearly in fluid like water due to the transparency of the liquid, which allows light to pass through and reach our eyes. This is why we can see objects in water even if they are moving or at a distance, such as in a fish aquarium. Refraction, the bending of light, may also play a role in certain situations.
Kaustubh sri
Why do we able to see an object clearly in fluid like water, even if the object is doing a slight movement we are able to see from long distance,for examle in the fish aquerium.

My effort-
I think so that this is due to refraction of the light or due to some natural property of liquid.

Physics news on Phys.org
Kaustubh sri said:
Why do we able to see an object clearly in fluid like water, even if the object is doing a slight movement we are able to see from long distance,for examle in the fish aquerium.

My effort-
I think so that this is due to refraction of the light or due to some natural property of liquid.

Refreaction is just a BENDING of the light rays and has nothing to do with why we can see things in water, unless you are talking specifically about where you are looking at a sharp angle to the water. Is that what you mean?

TRANSPARENCY is the reason we are able to see things in "clear" fluids such as water and glass and air.

Ok i get it. Thanks man.

Related to See an object clearly in fluid like water

1. How does light affect the visibility of an object in water?

Light plays a crucial role in our ability to see objects in water. When light travels from air to water, it bends due to the change in density. This bending, known as refraction, causes the image of an object to appear distorted and blurry.

2. What is the best way to see an object clearly in water?

The best way to see an object clearly in water is to view it from directly above or below the water's surface. This minimizes the amount of refraction and distortion that occurs. Alternatively, using polarized sunglasses or a snorkel mask can also help to reduce the effects of refraction.

3. Why do objects appear closer in water than they actually are?

Objects in water appear closer than they actually are due to the magnifying effect of refraction. When light travels from water to air, it bends away from the normal, causing objects to appear larger and closer than they are in reality.

4. Does the type of water affect the visibility of an object?

Yes, the type of water can affect the visibility of an object. Clear and calm water, such as in a swimming pool, will result in less refraction and better visibility compared to murky or turbulent water, such as in a river or ocean.

5. How does the depth of water affect the visibility of an object?

The depth of water can significantly impact the visibility of an object. As the depth increases, the amount of water above the object increases, resulting in more refraction and distortion. This is why objects may appear clearer in shallow water compared to deep water.