Server Not Found Error When Browsing with Firefox

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Server
In summary,The issue is likely with your network, and may require clearing your history, cookies, and files, as well as running a disk defragmenter. If that does not work, disconnecting your line from the wall or your computer may be necessary.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
For instance, i am browsing PFs and want to go to google, i go to favoites
and click on google, after a while, server can not be found comes up, the
same for Wikipedia, yet if i try a few minutes later all is ok, this only seems to happen when useing firefox, and it happens to many times for there to be
a server problem. My computer tells me i am connect, Wireless at 50 or some thing mb.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I haven't come across that problem before. The issue must be with your network.

I'd say it's your ISP. I have the same problem every so often...quite annoying, yeah?:frown: Try clearing your history, your cookies, and your files...checking for spyware and viruses...and running your disk defragmenter every so often to keep things clean. If that doesn't help the problem, try disconnecting your line from the wall or your computer and then reconnecting. If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait until whatever is wrong with your dial-up fixes itself.

There is also the possibility of noise...if your line is old there could be noise interrupting your ISP connection. Someone once told me that so don't ask me to further elaborate, I'll only confuse the both of us.:smile:

This can happen randomly for me, but if I refresh or restart the browser everything is fine again.

Like I said, it happens to me as well but if your computer is, unlike mine, rather new/in good shape, what Greg suggested should be just fine. I'm just used to going through all of that to get mine back up and running.:smile:

Thanks guys for your help, this problem was really annoying, switching
every thing off and restarting every half hour or so.
I installed the google web accelerator totaly not connected with my
problem, i thought, but i have not had the problem since :eek:

FAQ: Server Not Found Error When Browsing with Firefox

1. What is a "Server Not Found" error when browsing with Firefox?

A "Server Not Found" error is an error message that appears on the Firefox web browser when it is unable to establish a connection to the website's server. This can happen due to various reasons, such as a network issue, server maintenance, or incorrect website address.

2. Why am I getting a "Server Not Found" error when using Firefox?

There are several possible reasons for this error, including a faulty internet connection, incorrect website URL, server issues, or browser settings. It is best to check your internet connection and try accessing the website again before troubleshooting further.

3. How can I fix a "Server Not Found" error on Firefox?

First, try refreshing the webpage and checking your internet connection. If the error persists, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or try accessing the website in a different browser. You can also try resetting your network settings or contacting the website's administrator for further assistance.

4. Can a "Server Not Found" error be caused by my antivirus or firewall?

In some cases, yes. Your antivirus or firewall settings can block your browser from connecting to certain websites and result in a "Server Not Found" error. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus or firewall and see if the error still occurs. If it does not, then you may need to adjust your security settings.

5. Is there anything I can do to prevent "Server Not Found" errors on Firefox?

While some server-related errors are out of your control, there are a few things you can do to reduce the chances of getting a "Server Not Found" error. These include keeping your browser and computer up to date, clearing your browser's cache regularly, and avoiding typing incorrect website URLs. Additionally, make sure your internet connection is stable and try using a trusted VPN service if you frequently encounter this error.

Back