ShareLaTeX and Overleaf are joining

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Ackbach
  • Start date
In summary, ShareLaTeX and Overleaf, two main online $\LaTeX$ editing software companies, have decided to merge. This is exciting as it will bring together their offerings and potentially push for improvements, such as a Save As... feature that has been missing.
Ackbach
Gold Member
MHB
As some of you might be aware, ShareLaTeX and Overleaf are the two main online $\LaTeX$ editing software companies. They have decided to join forces, which I think is exciting. They have a lot to offer, though I can't go all-out with Overleaf or ShareLaTeX yet. However, the merger might just push me in that direction, particularly if Overleaf were to gain (finally!) a Save As... feature, which has been sorely lacking.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ackbach said:
As some of you might be aware, ShareLaTeX and Overleaf are the two main online $\LaTeX$ editing software companies. They have decided to join forces, which I think is exciting. They have a lot to offer, though I can't go all-out with Overleaf or ShareLaTeX yet. However, the merger might just push me in that direction, particularly if Overleaf were to gain (finally!) a Save As... feature, which has been sorely lacking.

That is interesting! I have only ever used Overleaf for collaborative work but would be interested to see where it could go with more support etc.

FAQ: ShareLaTeX and Overleaf are joining

What is ShareLaTeX and Overleaf?

ShareLaTeX and Overleaf are online collaborative tools for creating and editing LaTeX documents. They allow multiple users to work on the same document simultaneously, making it easier for researchers, scientists, and students to collaborate on their projects.

Why are ShareLaTeX and Overleaf joining?

The two platforms have decided to join forces in order to provide a better and more comprehensive service to their users. By combining their resources and expertise, they will be able to offer an even more efficient and user-friendly experience for creating and editing LaTeX documents.

Will the joining of ShareLaTeX and Overleaf affect my current projects?

No, the joining of ShareLaTeX and Overleaf will not affect any of your current projects. Your documents and settings will remain the same and you will still have access to all the features and functionalities that were available before the joining.

What new features can I expect from the joined ShareLaTeX and Overleaf?

The joining of ShareLaTeX and Overleaf will bring new and improved features to the platform, such as a more powerful editor, better collaboration tools, and enhanced project management capabilities. These new features will make it easier and more efficient for users to create and edit LaTeX documents.

Is there a cost to use the joined ShareLaTeX and Overleaf?

Both ShareLaTeX and Overleaf offer free and paid subscription options. The joining of the two platforms will not affect the cost of using the service. Users will still have the option to choose between a free or paid subscription, depending on their needs and preferences.