Should I Focus on End-of-Chapter Problems in Kleppner & Kolenkow?

In summary, "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro" is a renowned textbook on classical mechanics written by Daniel Kleppner and Robert Kolenkow. It covers a wide range of topics and is suitable for beginners in physics as well as students in related fields. The authors are both professors at MIT and the book is widely used in universities and colleges.
Ghost117
Hi everyone,

I'm using this book to study independently and was wondering if I focus mostly on the end of chapter problems, instead of spending countless hours understanding the abstract explanations, would this be ok?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you have studied the material before, it is fine to just use the book for the problems.

understood :) thanks

Related to Should I Focus on End-of-Chapter Problems in Kleppner & Kolenkow?

1. What is "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro"?

"Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro" is a renowned textbook on classical mechanics, written by Daniel Kleppner and Robert Kolenkow. It is widely used in universities and colleges as a primary resource for undergraduate physics courses."

2. Who are the authors of "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro"?

The authors of "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro" are Daniel Kleppner and Robert Kolenkow. Kleppner is a renowned physicist and professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and Kolenkow is a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a fellow of the American Physical Society."

3. Is "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro" suitable for beginners in physics?

Yes, "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro" is suitable for beginners in physics. The book is designed to provide a comprehensive and accessible introduction to classical mechanics, making it suitable for undergraduate students with little to no prior knowledge of the subject."

4. What topics are covered in "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro"?

"Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro" covers a wide range of topics in classical mechanics, including kinematics, dynamics, energy, momentum, oscillations, and rigid body motion. It also includes discussions on special relativity and introductory topics in quantum mechanics."

5. Is "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro" only for physics students?

No, "Kleppner & Kolenkow's "Intro" is not only for physics students. While the book is primarily used in undergraduate physics courses, it can also be a valuable resource for students in related fields such as engineering and mathematics. It can also be beneficial for anyone interested in gaining a deeper understanding of classical mechanics."