Should the New Member Forum Be More Visible on the PF Home Page?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter baldbrain
  • Start date
In summary, the "New Member Introductions" forum serves as a space for new members to introduce themselves and connect with other members. To make an introduction post, click the "New Topic" button and write a brief introduction including links or images if desired. While not necessary, making an introduction post is highly encouraged to make the community more welcoming. You can also edit or delete your post at any time.
baldbrain
Shouldn't this forum be visible at the top of the PF Home Page (I didn't even know it existed up till now)?
And I'm not at all new to PF...

Physics news on Phys.org
baldbrain said:
Shouldn't this forum be visible at the top of the PF Home Page (I didn't even know it existed up till now)?
And I'm not at all new to PF...
New members get a notice that links them directly to the forum, so they don't have to look for it :)

Likes baldbrain and dlgoff

Related to Should the New Member Forum Be More Visible on the PF Home Page?

1. What is the purpose of the "New Member Introductions" forum?

The "New Member Introductions" forum is a place for new members to introduce themselves to the community. It allows them to share a bit about themselves and connect with other members.

2. How do I make an introduction post in this forum?

To make an introduction post, click on the "New Topic" button at the top of the forum page. Then, write a brief introduction about yourself, your interests, and why you joined the community.

3. Can I include links or images in my introduction post?

Yes, you can include links or images in your introduction post. However, please make sure they are appropriate and relevant to your introduction.

4. Is it necessary to make an introduction post before participating in other forums?

No, it is not necessary to make an introduction post before participating in other forums. However, it is highly encouraged as it helps other members get to know you and makes the community more welcoming.

5. Can I edit or delete my introduction post?

Yes, you can edit or delete your introduction post at any time. Simply click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button located at the bottom of your post.