Simulating Plane Wave Expansion in Matlab

In summary: Your Name]In summary, the conversation discusses a question about simulating Gz vector in K-space consistently with the number of plane waves using MATLAB. The provided MATLAB code creates arrays and meshgrid matrices for plotting purposes, but the specific values for nz_arr need to be defined in order to simulate Gz vector. The expert offers assistance and explains the process of using nz_arr to create a meshgrid matrix for nz.
Vangjush Komini
Dear Sir Madam,

I am a new member of this forum and I was trying to understand Plane Wave expansion simulation in Matlab. So far I cannot understand how to simulate Gz vector in K-space consistently to the numbers of plane waves.
Hereby you can have the MATLAB code for Gx and Gy.nx_arr=repmat(n1,1,2*nmax+1);
ny_arr=round(n2/(2*nmax+1));
nz_arr=1:3;

[nx,nxp]=meshgrid(nx_arr,nx_arr);
[ny,nyp]=meshgrid(ny_arr,ny_arr);
Code:
nx_arr=repmat(n1,1,2*nmax+1);
ny_arr=round(n2/(2*nmax+1));
nz_arr=1:3;

[nx,nxp]=meshgrid(nx_arr,nx_arr);
[ny,nyp]=meshgrid(ny_arr,ny_arr);

Thank you a lot for your consideration

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
,Thank you for your question and welcome to the forum! I understand that you are trying to simulate Gz vector in K-space consistently with the number of plane waves using MATLAB. I would be happy to assist you with this.

First, let me explain what the code you provided is doing. The lines where you define nx_arr and ny_arr are creating arrays of numbers to be used as indices for your nx and ny matrices. These arrays are then used to create meshgrid matrices, which are used for plotting purposes.

In order to simulate Gz vector in K-space, you will need to define the values for n3 or nz_arr in your code. This will depend on the specific simulation you are trying to run and the number of plane waves you want to use. Once you have defined nz_arr, you can use it in a similar way as the nx_arr and ny_arr to create the meshgrid matrix for nz.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck with your simulation!

FAQ: Simulating Plane Wave Expansion in Matlab

1. How do I simulate plane wave expansion in Matlab?

To simulate plane wave expansion in Matlab, you can use the pwexpansion function from the wave2d or wave3d toolbox. This function takes in parameters such as the wave number, direction of propagation, and size of the simulation domain to generate a plane wave expansion.

2. What is the purpose of simulating plane wave expansion in Matlab?

The purpose of simulating plane wave expansion in Matlab is to analyze the behavior of electromagnetic or acoustic waves as they propagate through a medium. This can provide insights into wave interference, diffraction, and other phenomena that are important in fields such as optics, acoustics, and communications.

3. Can I customize the parameters for my plane wave expansion simulation?

Yes, you can customize the parameters for your plane wave expansion simulation in Matlab. The pwexpansion function allows you to specify the wave number, direction of propagation, and other parameters to tailor the simulation to your specific needs.

4. How accurate are the results of a plane wave expansion simulation in Matlab?

The accuracy of the results from a plane wave expansion simulation in Matlab depends on the parameters and settings chosen for the simulation. In general, the results can be very accurate when using appropriate parameters and a sufficiently large simulation domain.

5. Are there any limitations to simulating plane wave expansion in Matlab?

There are some limitations to simulating plane wave expansion in Matlab, such as the assumption of a homogenous medium and the use of a finite simulation domain. These limitations can affect the accuracy of the results, so it is important to carefully choose the parameters and settings for the simulation.

Back