Sine Graph Help: Calculating Uoutput & Drawing Graph

In summary, the conversation is about a task involving an inverting opamp and calculating the output signal as a sine function. The horizontal shift of the output signal is causing confusion, with conflicting information from a friend and Google's search results. The proposed solution is Uout = 1.43*sin(104,7*10^3*t + 120). The speaker believes this is correct, but is questioning why Google's graph is shifted 120° instead of being 120° to the left of the y-axis.
the_man

Homework Statement

TASK

So I have this task with opamp and I have Uinput Sine Graph, now I have to calculate Uoutput and write it as sine function and draw the sine graph. I know that this is an inverting OPAMP which means that output signal will be inverted, so I just have to flip this Input signal, right? With input signal the horizontal shift is -60° and when I invert the signal it will be +120°, right? This is the problem, I know how to calculate everything, but I am not sure about horzontal shift of output signal, because my friend is keep telling me its -60, and also more important Google is telling that

Now my solution is Uout = 1.43*sin(104,7*10^3*t + 120)

https://www.google.hr/#q=1.43*sin(0.53*t+-+60)
https://www.google.hr/#q=1.43*sin(0.5*t+++120)

Homework Equations

Are google and my friend wrong? Or am I wrong?

The Attempt at a Solution

My Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
1.43*sin(104,7*10^3*t + 120)

You think this is the answer, so why don't you plot this on graph paper and see whether it resembles the input inverted?

I think I am right. Take a look at google link for where solution is +120°. Why is google moving that graaph 120°? It should be moved 120° left of y-axis, right?

Related to Sine Graph Help: Calculating Uoutput & Drawing Graph

1. What is a sine graph?

A sine graph is a type of graph that represents the relationship between an angle and the corresponding value of the sine function. It is a smooth, periodic curve that oscillates between -1 and 1, with the x-axis representing the angle and the y-axis representing the sine value.

2. How do I calculate the output for a given angle on a sine graph?

To calculate the output for a given angle, you can use a scientific calculator or computer software. Simply enter the angle in degrees or radians and press the "sine" button to get the corresponding sine value. Alternatively, you can use the sine function formula: y = sin(x), where x is the angle in radians.

3. What is the period of a sine graph?

The period of a sine graph is the length of one complete cycle or oscillation. It is equal to 2π or 360 degrees. This means that the graph repeats itself every 2π units on the x-axis.

4. How do I draw a sine graph?

To draw a sine graph, you will need to plot points on a Cartesian coordinate system. The x-axis represents the angle in degrees or radians, and the y-axis represents the corresponding sine value. Start by plotting the points for angles 0, 90, 180, 270, and 360 degrees, and then connect them with a smooth curve. For more accuracy, you can plot more points between these angles.

5. What are the key features of a sine graph?

The key features of a sine graph include the amplitude, period, phase shift, and vertical shift. The amplitude is the height of the curve from the x-axis to its peak or trough. The period is the length of one complete cycle, as mentioned earlier. The phase shift is the horizontal shift of the graph, while the vertical shift is the vertical translation of the graph. These features can be used to manipulate and transform sine graphs.