Single supply preamp and active crossover

• Thread starter Tesladude
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Supply
In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of a preamp and active crossover using the lm833n dual op-amp. The speaker circuit needs to be adapted for a single supply, which has been successfully done for the preamp circuit but is uncertain for the crossover circuit. A link is provided for the desired circuit to be adapted.
Tesladude
Hi I am making a preamp and active crossover using the lm833n dual op-amp.
I have already done a project similar to this one and both the preamp circuit and crossover circuit worked beutifuly,
although that project used a split supply and for my car audio I need a single supply.

I have already tried a single supply preamp circuit useing just the basic single supply opp amp circuit which consists of the voltage divider with a capacitor across the grounded resistor, just like the single supply circuits you can find on the tda2040 or tda2050 datasheets.
It worked fine.

I am using the high pass crossover circuit design from the datasheet.
But I am not 100% sure on how the crossover single supply circuit ia sopposed to look.

I figure it is essencially the same as the single supply op amp circuit with the imput impedence resistor connected strait to the center of the voltage divider and with a capacitor on the output.

is it the same?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

I figure it is essencially the same as the single supply op amp circuit with the imput impedence resistor connected strait to the center of the voltage divider and with a capacitor on the output.

i think you have the right idea, but your description is so vague I'm afraid to say much.
it is not clear to me which of the active crossover circuits you want to use - the TDA2040 shows bridged woofer and single tweeter. For single amplifier on single supply you need to feed the speaker through a large capacitor.

Maybe you'd post a link to the circuit you want to adapt for single supply ?

I would like to commend you on your previous successful project and your determination to adapt it to your car audio needs. It is great to see that you are taking the time to understand the circuit design and make necessary modifications for a single supply.

Regarding your question about the crossover single supply circuit, I would suggest referring to the datasheet of the LM833N op-amp for specific information on the circuit design. Generally, a single supply crossover circuit would be similar to a single supply op-amp circuit, but with additional components such as capacitors and resistors to achieve the desired frequency response. It is important to carefully choose the values of these components to ensure proper operation of the crossover.

I would also recommend consulting with an experienced engineer or conducting further research to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of your circuit design. Best of luck with your project!

Related to Single supply preamp and active crossover

1. What is a single supply preamp and active crossover?

A single supply preamp and active crossover is an electronic device used in audio systems to amplify and split audio signals into different frequency ranges. It is designed to work with a single power supply, making it more convenient and cost-effective compared to dual supply systems.

2. How does a single supply preamp and active crossover work?

The single supply preamp and active crossover has two stages: the preamp stage and the crossover stage. The preamp stage amplifies the incoming audio signal, while the crossover stage splits the signal into different frequency bands. This allows for better control and manipulation of sound frequencies, resulting in a more balanced and high-quality audio output.

3. What are the benefits of using a single supply preamp and active crossover?

One of the main benefits of using a single supply preamp and active crossover is its simplicity and cost-effectiveness. It only requires one power supply, making it easier to set up and maintain. Additionally, it allows for greater control over sound frequencies, resulting in improved audio quality and better sound separation.

4. Can a single supply preamp and active crossover be used in any audio system?

Yes, a single supply preamp and active crossover can be used in a variety of audio systems, including home theater systems, car audio systems, and professional sound systems. It is compatible with most audio sources, such as CD players, turntables, and digital audio players.

5. How do I choose the right single supply preamp and active crossover for my audio system?

When choosing a single supply preamp and active crossover, consider the frequency range of your audio system, the number of channels needed, and the overall quality and features of the device. It is also important to ensure compatibility with your other audio equipment. Researching and reading reviews can also help in making an informed decision.