Sixty Symbols [The Greatest YouTube Channel Ever]

In summary, last week, the person stumbled upon Wolfram Alpha and was amazed by it. A few days later, they discovered a YouTube channel called Sixty Symbols, dedicated to explaining physics and astronomy concepts. They claim it is the greatest channel ever and highly recommend it. They also mention another great YouTube channel, TED Talks, and the University of Nottingham's chemistry department. They express gratitude for the shared links and mention being impressed by the experiments shown in one of the videos.
Monocerotis
Gold Member
Last week I found wolfram alpha by random chance and it blew my mind, a couple days later I ran across this channel on youtube, and I can't stop watching their videos.

I'm officially saying it's the greatest youtube channel ever.

You will love it, trust me. http://www.youtube.com/user/sixtysymbols

Snipped from the channel description:
This is Sixty Symbols - a channel devoted to those funny letters and squiggles used by physicists and astronomers.

We're posting videos about what they mean and how they're used - plus other interesting stuff about physics and astronomy.

Edit Note: http://www.youtube.com/user/tedtalksdirector

Another great youtube channel, but I think everyone already knows about this one.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Very cool, thanks for the share!

Hey great links thanks guys :)

Very cool, or stiller and stiller :biggrin:

Just watched the one called Nobel Prize in Physics 2009. The experiment they did with fiber optics was pretty awesome. It would be really cool if I could do that myself at home lol.

Related to Sixty Symbols [The Greatest YouTube Channel Ever]

What is Sixty Symbols?

Sixty Symbols is a popular YouTube channel that focuses on explaining complex scientific concepts in a fun and accessible way.

Who creates the content for Sixty Symbols?

The content for Sixty Symbols is created by a team of scientists, researchers, and educators from the University of Nottingham in the UK.

What types of topics are covered on Sixty Symbols?

Sixty Symbols covers a wide range of topics in physics, astronomy, and mathematics. Some examples include black holes, quantum mechanics, and the search for extraterrestrial life.

How are the videos on Sixty Symbols different from traditional science lectures?

The videos on Sixty Symbols are designed to be engaging and entertaining, with high-quality visuals and demonstrations. They also often feature interviews with experts in the field, giving a more personal and relatable perspective on the topic.

Can I use the information from Sixty Symbols for my own research or studies?

While Sixty Symbols provides valuable information and insights on various scientific topics, it should not be used as a primary source for academic research or studies. It is best viewed as a supplement to traditional sources and for general knowledge and interest in science.