Small and powerful enough battery?

• Thread starter Dimitar63
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Battery
In summary: They only control the flow of electricity. In summary, the speaker is working on creating an alarm tag using a buzzer and a battery, with the requirement of it lasting at least 5 minutes. However, they are struggling to find a small and powerful enough battery to meet their needs. The electronic characteristics of the buzzer are also listed. Suggestions are made to use CR2032 lithium batteries or a Renata 317 Skin package, but the speaker is unsure if they will work. They also consider adding a transistor, but it is clarified that this will not increase the battery's capacity.
Dimitar63
Hi all,
I work on something.. its alarm tag. I found buzzer which i want to use in simple electric circuit. Components are the buzzer, and a battery. The tag must work minimum 5 min. The problem is.. I can not find battery small and powerful enough at the same time. Battery diagonal must be 3 cm or less.
Electronic characteristics- Magnetic Buzzer PB-0927PQ

-Oscillation Frequency (Hz)-_______________2731
-Operating Voltage (Vp-p)-_________________4.5~ 5.5
-Rated Voltage (Vp-p)-_____________________5.0
-Current Consumption (mA/max.)-____________75 at Rated Voltage
-Sound Pressure Level (db/min)-______________85 at 10cm at Rated Voltage
-Coil Resistance (Ω)- _______________________25± 4
-Operating Temperature (°C)________________-20 / +70
-Storage Temperature (°C)_________________-30/ +80
-Condition by wave (°C)__________________260 ±5°C / within 5 sec
-condition by hand (°C)_________________350±20°C / within 5 sec

I hope someone knows the answer of my problems (battery, brand or i don't know..)
please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I might be missing something, but you appear to be saying you need 75 ma for 5 min at 5V? That's only 6.3 mah. Slap 2 CR2032 lithium batteries together and you get 230 mah at 6V in a package only 20x7mm!

Likes XZ923 and berkeman
russ_watters said:
I might be missing something, but you appear to be saying you need 75 ma for 5 min at 5V? That's only 6.3 mah. Slap 2 CR2032 lithium batteries together and you get 230 mah at 6V in a package only 20x7mm!
Thank you for your reply.
Do you think Renata 317 Skin 5.80x1.65mm /1.55V package of four can do the same work.

Dimitar63 said:
Thank you for your reply.
Do you think Renata 317 Skin 5.80x1.65mm /1.55V package of four can do the same work.
No; Google tells me they are only 10.5 mah.

russ_watters said:
No; Google tells me they are only 10.5 mah.
How about adding small transistor. It might help right?

Dimitar63 said:
How about adding small transistor. It might help right?
No, transistors do not increase the capacity of a battery.

Likes russ_watters

Related to Small and powerful enough battery?

What is a "small and powerful" battery?

A "small and powerful" battery refers to a battery that is compact in size but still has a high energy density, meaning it can store a large amount of energy in a small space.

What are the advantages of a small and powerful battery?

The main advantage of a small and powerful battery is its ability to provide high energy output in a compact size. This makes it ideal for portable electronic devices, such as smartphones and laptops, as well as for use in electric vehicles which require a high energy density to power their motors.

What materials are used to make small and powerful batteries?

Small and powerful batteries can be made from a variety of materials, including lithium-ion, nickel-metal hydride, and lithium-polymer. These materials are chosen for their high energy density and ability to hold a charge for long periods of time.

How do small and powerful batteries compare to traditional batteries?

Small and powerful batteries have a much higher energy density than traditional batteries, meaning they can store more energy in a smaller space. They also tend to have longer lifetimes and can be recharged more times, making them more cost-effective in the long run.

What are the potential applications for small and powerful batteries?

Small and powerful batteries have a wide range of potential applications, including powering portable electronic devices, electric vehicles, and even grid-scale energy storage. They are also being used in renewable energy systems, such as solar panels and wind turbines, to store excess energy for later use.