Solar Panel Output in Isle of Eigg, Scotland

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of solar power output using data for global irradiance, diffuse irradiance, global clear sky irradiance, direct normal irradiance, and clear sky direct normal irradiance. The location is in the Isle of Eigg in Scotland and the solar panel is fixed. The suggested approach is to use a solar irradiance calculator to account for weather conditions.
RAD2

Homework Statement

I have data for global irradiance on a fixed plane, diffuse irradiance on a fixed plane, global clear sky irradiance on a fixed plane, direct normal irradiance and clear sky direct normal irradiance. I need to calculate the solar power output but I don't know which irradiance to use? The location is in the isle of eigg in scotland. Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Homework Equations

E = Area * efficiency * Irradiance * Power Ratio

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you for your response, yes it is fixed. Wasn't sure whether I take specific irradiances or just total them up and use the final value. Thanks for the help, will look into the calculator.

Related to Solar Panel Output in Isle of Eigg, Scotland

1. What is the average solar panel output in Isle of Eigg, Scotland?

The average solar panel output in Isle of Eigg, Scotland is approximately 850-1000 kWh per kW installed, depending on the specific location and weather conditions.

2. How does the weather affect solar panel output in Isle of Eigg, Scotland?

The weather in Isle of Eigg, Scotland can greatly impact the solar panel output. On sunny days, the panels will produce more energy, while cloudy or rainy days will result in less output.

3. What is the best angle for solar panel installation in Isle of Eigg, Scotland?

The optimal angle for solar panel installation in Isle of Eigg, Scotland is between 30-40 degrees to maximize energy production throughout the year.

4. How many hours of sunlight can be expected for solar panel output in Isle of Eigg, Scotland?

In Isle of Eigg, Scotland, there is an average of 2000-2200 hours of sunlight per year, which can vary depending on the specific location and weather patterns.

5. What is the expected lifespan of solar panels in Isle of Eigg, Scotland?

The average lifespan of solar panels in Isle of Eigg, Scotland is between 25-30 years. However, with proper maintenance and care, they can last even longer.